How to print HDR?

This is a discussion on How to print HDR? within the Photography Discussion forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; This may be a silly question, so I apologize in advance... When I print my digital pictures, I usually save them (as JPEG) on a ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    This may be a silly question, so I apologize in advance...

When I print my digital pictures, I usually save them (as JPEG) on a memory stick, go to the store, order and print them.

Playing for the first time with Photomatix, I see that it saves the generated HDR pictures with a unique .hdr files.
    do stores' kiosks know to work with these files? should/could I convert them especially for priniting purposes?

please advise. thanks, Gaby.
    Gaby.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    If you save just your generated HDR file in Photomatix it would save it as a .hdr

But if you tonemap your image, and hit OK after you are happy with the result, it will generate a .jpg file, save the usual way. I would though re-open the image in CS for final tweaks, sizing, noise reduction and the shapening before printing.

How's that for you?
    www.grogo.co.uk

Canon 5D MarkII, Canon 450D, Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM, Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM, 2 x Canon 580EX II Flashgun.
    Sigma 12-24 f/44.5-5.6DG, Sigma 15mm f/2.8 DG Fisheye, Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG Macro

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    perfect!

Thanks a lot!
    Gaby.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    BTW - is there any free HDR software out there that is worth installing/using?
    Gaby.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    There are a few (three that I know of) HDR programs, but none of them that is free.
    www.grogo.co.uk

Canon 5D MarkII, Canon 450D, Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM, Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM, 2 x Canon 580EX II Flashgun.
    Sigma 12-24 f/44.5-5.6DG, Sigma 15mm f/2.8 DG Fisheye, Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG Macro

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links