Canon pro 100 ink use

This is a discussion on Canon pro 100 ink use within the Photo Printing forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I have been printing 13x19 prints on my pro 100 printer, but I am only getting 17 prints before running out of black and grey ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Canon pro 100 ink use

I have been printing 13x19 prints on my pro 100 printer, but I am only getting 17 prints before running out of black and grey inks.
    Wondering if getting off brands black and gray inks to refill would affect quality of prints.
    The quantity seems much lower than I expected, do now I am wondering if this normal behavior.
    I am taking pictures of dark ponds with lots of reflections, so maybe this accounts for the usage.
    Thoughts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

PHOTO EDITING OK
    From what you have stated I think your content is skewing your ink use. A 13x19 of a dark pond would necessarily use a lot of black & grey ink.

As far as refills I would suggest looking at http://www.precisioncolor.com.

They have been tested as extremely compatible and will not harm your printer.

Red River Paper company has information on their website that estimates the cost per print of the average print for the main photo printers on different surfaces of their paper.

I suggest on YouTube you check out the videos on color inkjet photo printing by Jose Rodriguez. He's tested many different inks, papers, and printers. He also has a Facebook page.

I have both the Pro-100 and Pro-10.

Canon sells individual inks, complete sets, and a set of the inks used the most. I think that set includes the blacks, grays, and Photo Magenta.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links