Why do you print photos?

This is a discussion on Why do you print photos? within the Photo Printing forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hi! Im doing a project on photography's place in the world today and I was just wondering what reasons you all have for printing photos? ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why do you print photos?

PHOTO EDITING OK

Why do you print photos?

Hi! Im doing a project on photography's place in the world today and I was just wondering what reasons you all have for printing photos? what kind of satisfaction/pleasure does it give you? what kind of photos do you print and how often? and what do you do with them afterwards?

thanks, Lara

Equipment
    I use 35mm film, instant film and digital cameras
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I like to have my photos on paper. Some I like on a glossy paper and some on semi-glossy or matt. The latter types of paper are especially well suited to bringing out the most from B&W images. Having the photos in my hand; being able to cut and frame them and seeing where they can be displayed to their best advantage is important for me (how much and what type of light there is available plays a huge role in deciding where to hang or place them, as does the angle from which they will be viewed). Some don't get framed, but are placed in albums instead. My albums are of various types: the more general ones tend to be the kind where there are pockets to slide the photos into (usually 10x15 in my case), the themed ones are more usually the sort of album where there is a cellophane sheet that pulls back and the photo is placed and mounted on a sticky card under the sheet. Here I tend to prefer 9x13 or 13x18.

I print very often and there is no rule as far as what gets printed or not is concerned: if I find it pleasing enough, it goes on paper. Often, especially with B&W, I use the computer to edit the analogue photos I get back from the lab. The reason for this is the lab doesn't always get the most out of the negatives, and I do a little digital dodge and burn to compensate. I do a lot of analogue photography and find it intriguing how I am able to influence the end product (the photograph itself) by my choice of film and paper.

To quantify the pleasure and satisfaction all this gives me is very difficult. I get an enormous kick out of photography anyway, and this extra process is an added bonus for me.

I lose myself in it for a while, and that is good.
    Designer likes this.
    Photography is a portal through which we are transported to other worlds

PHOTO EDITING OK
    People print photos to make a compilation out of it. Yes, it is an all new digital world. But there still lots of people not getting tired of printing images to put them in an album and view them time to time. Printing photos is a must during events such as graduation and weddings. Since would be placing them in the frame. Others would be placing some wallet sized photos in the wallets to be reminded of a special someone or just to feel good about themselves or most probably to be ready to show off the image during socialization.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like to do print photos for put it in an album or photo frame. It's really very useful to us for marriages and weddings. so photo's printing is very important thing for us.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Photos are the memories of some of our favorite moments in life. To keep these memories for long time, I like to have photo print. Photos can be printed on different materials such as paper, glossy matte or on canvas. These photo printing adds special atrractive and eye-catching visual effects to the photos.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Printing photos means the it is a hard copy out put and no one from us want to loose the memories of our life.So it can also be said the human nature that he always want to recall the beautiful memories of his life so that is why it is good to save our memories and moments of life in form of hard copy output.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Mostly to frame and hang on the wall, occasionally to give away. My pleasure comes from seeing the photo(s) whenever I pass by. I print family, travel, and still life whenever the urge strikes. If the walls are full, I take down the ones I can live without to make room for the new ones. I usually leave them in a frame, because I may want to hang it again someday. I buy used frames inexpensively.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Normally I print photos to put in my album or sometime framing it and hang on my room. If we print it we won’t lose it anywhere but if we store in our pc or hard drive it’s not safe.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I would like to print photos because it is my hobby and already I have a big photo collection.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    As a part of my passion and interest I love to print photographs so that I can keep with me in hard copy and anyone ask of them I can give them. I love photography and collecting all the photographs is my passion. Printed photos also help me to make the collage in my room that attracts my friends and visitors.

Cheap Digital Printing London

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links