Why do you print photos?

This is a discussion on Why do you print photos? within the Photo Printing forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Photo printing is my hobby, we can safe our past time in photos and we can share it to our friends....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why do you print photos?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Photo printing is my hobby, we can safe our past time in photos and we can share it to our friends.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I print my pics rarely. I think my pics are far away from what i expect, too much self criticism. But when i print, i like to post them on walls of my apartament.
    Sometimes i make some family-stuff-pics: like calendars or collages, something like these
    And sometimes i print for myself

KmH
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I have many of my images printed, but I don't print them myself.
    I have professional print labs make my prints.

I have some of my images printed so I can display them in my home, and to give to friends and family as gifts.

FWIW, making prints requires a whole subset of technical and image editing knowledge:
    The Digital Negative: Raw Image Processing in Lightroom, Camera Raw, and Photoshop
    This book was just recently published - The Digital Print: Preparing Images in Lightroom and Photoshop for Printing

PHOTO EDITING OK
    As someone who still enjoys analog photography, I not only print everything myself but am involved through the whole process (development as well). This may seem a bit superfluous now but I think it's important to remember how lengthy the printing process of photos were before everything was digital. Also, while processing your film, you have no idea how your photos turned out and depending on how old the roll is, you may have forgotten which pictures you even took. That moment when you can finally look at your images is amazing. You finally see what you've been waiting for and investing so much time in less than 30 images makes you more attached to those pictures. It's suddenly about making each image as best as they can be rather than taking 200 pictures and hoping one comes out right. But that's just me. If you're interesting in photography I highly recommend taking an analog photography course. It'll change your perspective completely!

Equipment
    Canon 5D, Canon 40D, assorted lenses
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Printing them is a Helluva' lot easier than drawing them.

Seriously, though, I enjoy hanging my work around my home. I share a large home with my brother, and he's also a photographer. We never seem to be at a loss for pictures to hang on the wall...

Equipment
    Cannon T3
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I print them for scrapbooking. I have family that recently moved overseas and miss them dearly. I scrapbook my visits to them to revisit my visits!

Equipment
    Canon
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    My photos are rarely printed on magazines but I don't print it myself because I don't see any need of it.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I do print Using My Canon printer. I love My canon.

Equipment
    Sony A57 DSLR
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I have my picture wall in my hallway. Whenever I walk past it, I can see the photos of my kids, my parents, my siblings, my adventures and many other significant and not so significant events that happened in my lifetime. I realized that putting all those pictures in a hard drive doesn't any good if I don't look at them so putting up a picture wall allows me to see my life each and every day. And it also let's other friends who drop by see what's been happening as well.

My poor memory is not so good anymore so pictures are all that I have left.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Photos are part of memory which is very important part of life. So I would like to print it as part of collection of memories in hard copy. And use Auto Stamper for Photo App to stamp the images with Current date and Time, Signature and Location(GPS) on it. So that when I review those images in future I dont need to pressure my mind. This app will surely help you too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links