Digital Photos Printed Chemically

This is a discussion on Digital Photos Printed Chemically within the Photo Printing forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Bear with me, as I understand very little about this topic and I'm finding it very hard to find more information about it (mostly because ...

Bear with me, as I understand very little about this topic and I'm finding it very hard to find more information about it (mostly because I don't know what to call it). From what I understand there are 2 ways of printing digital photographs: injet printers, and "light printing" similar to printing strait from a negative except it uses a digital file projected onto actual photo paper.

-First of all does anyone have a term for the latter photo printing process?
    -Does anyone know where I could order prints using this process?
    -Who prints their photographs like this?
    Canon Rebel 400D/XTi, EF-S18-55mm, EF 70-300mm IS USM, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro, EF-S 10-22mm, Speedlight 430EX II

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I am not sure what they call "light printing" but this is the standard way that any large lab will print your photos, including Wal-Mart (fujiilm), Walgreens (kodak) and other custom labs.

Ink jet printing is not very cost effective in large volume.
    bear with me. i don't have an escape button...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    What you are probably looking for is digital C-Prints or LightJet Prints. Digital C-Prints are considered by some to be the only true museum quality archival print. Look-up digital c-print and/or Lightjet on wikipedia. A number of high-end print firms offer these prints, figure around $180 - $320 per square meter (approx = 1 square yard) depending on the paper type.

LightJet Digital C-prints are made by using a red, green or blue laser to expose every photosite on true photographic paper. The exposed paper is then processed in a traditional chemical bath. One of the advantages of digital c-prints is that huge prints can be made, limited mostly by the size of the original digital file. The larger LightJet printer can make prints 1.5 meter (5 foot) wide by the length of the roll; usually around 10 meters (32+ feet). I'm not sure who could frame it or where you'd put it, but you could print one monster of a print.

I have made a number of digital c-prints and the quality of the prints are outstanding. The blacks are really black. I usually use Fuji Crystal X, but kodak archival papers are available for a similar price.

Charles
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

Thanks thats what I'm looking for!

I have never had my photos printed anywhere other than the local print shop and the university and they use injet.
    Canon Rebel 400D/XTi, EF-S18-55mm, EF 70-300mm IS USM, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro, EF-S 10-22mm, Speedlight 430EX II

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Digital photo printing services from established companies are beneficial in many respects. It is important to choose the right provider who can give true value to your money. Such service providers can give life to your digital photos and make them ideal decorative items or gifts.
    Last edited by janiceable; 03-23-2013 at 12:51 AM.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links