Photo printing services?

This is a discussion on Photo printing services? within the Photo Printing forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I know that most of you here print your digital photos yourself, but I do not have a photo printer handy, and I was wondering ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I know that most of you here print your digital photos yourself, but I do not have a photo printer handy, and I was wondering what photo printing services had good quality? I live in a small town, and we only have a Rite-Aid, Kmart, and Walmart nearby. I printed out a family photo at Rite-Aid to send out with Christmas cards this year, and the quality was horrendous! I sent the pictures out anyway, because I was running late on sending cards out, but I don't want to pay money for something so poorly printed again. The picture I printed was a clear, good quality photo, but when it was printed off at Rite-Aid, the colors were off, it seemed pixeled, and I had a weird line under my eye, that made me look like a battered wife. I was not impressed.

I know Kodak and other places will print and ship digital prints, but I am weary of the quality. Have any of you printed pictures other than home, and if so, what would you recommend that I use? What would you recommend that I stay away from?

Thanks!
    Canon G11

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Sorry! Disregard this post...I just realized this question was just recently answered. Sorry!
    Canon G11

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I can recommend two online places: mpix.com and winkflash.com
    Admin

PHOTO EDITING OK
    wow, winkflash is really cheap...do they have good quality?
    Canon G11

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I ordered about 15 poster-size prints from them and I was happy with the results.
    Admin

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I've used these guys cpl times, very good quality, especially on canvas!
    www.onlineposterprinting.com

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I was really pleased with the results I got from Mpix. I had it printed on their metallic paper with the lustre coating..MMMM.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Just got my first order from www.myphotopipe.com and I am VERY happy with it. I'm a loyal Shutterfly customer, but tried out myphotopipe b/c it's a little cheaper. One thing that I REALLY liked better was the packaging, it was sturdy and hard to bend. I ordered some pics from Shutterfly before xmas and the mailman bent them to put in my mailbox! I was NOT happy! The myphotopipe ones were packaged with cardboard on the inside so it was nearly impossible to bend them.
    Nikon D5000, 18-55mm, f/3.5-5.6

Check out http://www.smilebooks.com/. I use it when I want to make photo albums and I just print them out. Hope this was helpful.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Reputable digital photo printing companies active in the field have staff with the expertise and innovative talent to turn your ideas into reality. These companies offer a myriad range of digital printing services including brochure printing, catalog printing, business head printing, business card printing, poster printing, banner printing, flyer printing and much more.
    Last edited by janiceable; 03-22-2013 at 11:49 PM.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links