Beware of dodgey print companies

This is a discussion on Beware of dodgey print companies within the Photo Printing forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Recently I went to a printers in wakefield **in yorkshire. UK"" for 2 A2 prints of something someone wanted. and what I got back was ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Recently I went to a printers in wakefield **in yorkshire. UK"" for 2 A2 prints of something someone wanted. and what I got back was shocking.

Pics are 1024 wide only for viewability as you can see the print dots. if admin wish me to alter I will but the files aint very big

the above pic is 2 photos taken from my 350d same distance and zoom then just quickly bodged together to show what I mean

now as you can see obviously going to A2 with a montage design isn't exactly going to produce marvellous pictures but as you can see in the print difference between mine and the printing company's mine are far far better.

Now after being in the print game my self for over ten years I have worked on the designjets that this company owned so I know how they run, and basically to me this looked like a very unhealthy set of printheads and badly setup print settings. When I asked for my money back the guy refused as I had not given him a proof to colour match to. But personally if your in the printing game and someone brings you artwork you set about the artwork making it right for your printer ie CMYK cropping etc etc All done by screen.

But to me thats just poor printing. The only way I got my money back was pointing out that the prints were 14mm out of size. thats right they weren't even A2 prints.

So in the end I have ended up not taking orders for large prints unless people dont mind them being poster printed on an A3 printer.

So beware anybody using biziprint in wakefield. Make sure you check your prints carefully before you pay for them.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78...kisnapps-1.jpg
    Canon 400D
    Canon 50D
    70-300 Sigma ADG Canon 18-55mm Sigma 24-70 Hoya UV Filter.
    Canon IX4000 Printing up to A3+
    And anything dazzone cares to lend me :-)

That's brutal! Thanks for all that info. Great shots by the way

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanx for the heads up. I'll avoid them.
    Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Edmund Blackadder

Thanks for advice, and also sorry about the annoyance you had to go through!

Actually I think theres looks better.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    there's does have higher resolution. Without an output profile it's always going to be a shot in the dark.

On second look though, it appears that they are running some kind of auto white balance. Your image has some intentional red cast that looks natural, the bizziprint appears to have compensated for that making it cooler and more cyan. If this is the case, then it's not a good professional option.
    bear with me. i don't have an escape button...

It definitely looks like that print shop did an auto color correction for you. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing. I own a print shop, and we look over every single image and make some minor adjustments if it's going to yield a better result. However, we warn people of this ahead of time, and with any professionals, or semi-professionals who are likely to be doing their own custom editing beforehand, we make sure to check with them so as to not ruin anything they may have intentionally done to the image for an effect. This company definitely should have confirmed with you first, or at least ran a proof print for you ahead of time to confirm the colors before the full-sized print was run. To me, I wouldn't say they are necessarily a poor print shop - just a lack of good communication between shop and customer, which is never a good thing.

Better luck with future printing! If you are ever looking for a new, good, large format print shop, check us out. We can offer you a couple of free samples if you're thinking about working with us. See if you like our quality for free before making a decision.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    In today's word, you can see that dodge companies are increases. Customers can not understand them properly. Before customers trying to understand, they simply gone. So be aware about such companies.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    The leading providers can be approached online through their website. Executives of a reliable service provider will always be at your disposal for assistance. No matter how simple or complex your requirements are, they will help you find the right solution.
    Last edited by janiceable; 03-23-2013 at 12:49 AM.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links