Online Printing

This is a discussion on Online Printing within the Photo Printing forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Where do you print your pictures, online? Cheap or Expensive? Surprisingly, I use Boots PhotoBox - It's good quality and well packaged (Prints come in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Printing

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Where do you print your pictures, online?
    Cheap or Expensive?

Surprisingly, I use Boots PhotoBox - It's good quality and well packaged (Prints come in a thick cardboard tube).

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I print with Millers lab www.millerslab.com They are super cheap, overnight your prints to you for free, and some of the best quality prints I have ever gotten.
    Nikon D90, 18-105mm AF-S VR, 50mm 1.8D, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 macro

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I used the jessops site once for a poster, never again they cropped off the subjects head, the poster arrived torn and they never gave me my money back despite loads of calls and letters. I have found a Printer in the local town who knocks out an A3 while you wait from any file format for 3.
    Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Edmund Blackadder

You might give www.fullcolor.com a try. I do some work with them. They are a professional lab with great prices and quality. Use code '50off' and get 50% off your first order. They have a great customer serivce department who can help you with any questions you have along the way. Good Luck!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    For printing only I mostly use mpix.com

Same professional quality as Millers but better, IMO. Low price, great options and fast.

Also for black and white printing I sometimes use Dalmatian Lab.
    ~Vinnie

The Black Dog's Photographer
    Minolta Maxxum 7D
    Fuji FinePix S7000
    Minolta x-700
    Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super B
    Seneca Folding Scout
    Holga 120N
    Polariod One Step

and i always go with printingblue.com

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    For printing only I mostly use mpix.com

Same professional quality as Millers but better, IMO. Low price, great options and fast.
    I also use Mpix and have been very happy with the results
    Mpix is a subsidary of Miller's. Both use presses with the same color profile; both offer the same finishes and papers. Miller's prices are better if you are shooting school photography or event photography.

Whatever printer you use it is critical to make sure that your monitor is color calibrated. Otherwise you will never get prints that match what you are seeing on your monitor. You can get a free calibration kit from Mpix.
    John B

Full-Time
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    It depends how fussy you are on the longevity and results of your prints.
    If you want specific paper and complete control over the final result then you're better off printing your own.

I do my own, but I also do other photographers pictures for them for exhibitions etc...
    I'll usually give them a custom .icc profile for the specific media and ink they want to use and they can colour proof their own prints before sending me the final file for printing.
    This gives them complete control of the end result to she shown/sold.

I can print up to 40"x 12.2m if needed, but most of the gallery prints are between 20"x30" and 40"x60" (+panarama often at 20"x60")

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    We use Buckeye Color System. Prices are reasonable, turn around is fast and the quality has been great.
    Steve J

Network Engineer,
    Web Master and
    Photographer

Follow me @sjj57 on Twitter and on Facebook and LinkedIn

Obey The GSP!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I'm cheap. LOL I was using Walmart.com (I mean, I do work for Walmart, so why shouldn't I? LOL) But, then I discovered Artscow.com. They are based in Hong Kong, but they give lots of free prints and things and shipping isn't that bad. I just got my first order Friday. I got 44 4x6, 8 5x7 and 10 8x10, all free. Shipping was $12.98, which is still very cheap considering what I got. I was pleased with my glossy prints. I just put in another order, everything free (including a mouse pad!) and shipping was just under $20. For my own personal use, I think this place will work for me! I mean, even when they do charge for prints, it's .06 for 4x6, .12 for 5x7 and only .49 for 8x10. I wish I'd found them sooner, like when I was printing photos for the fair last year. Walmart charges almost $3.00 for an 8x10! Next, I'd like to try one of their larger prints, or maybe a calendar or something.

Anyone else used them? They were featured in Popular Photography magazine under their Free Stuff column. That's where I first heard of them.
    http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...ak/mothsig.jpg
    My camera is a Canon Rebel XT DSLR with Canon 18-55mm and Sigma 70-300mm telephoto macro lenses.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links