Need help choosing dc/printer for special

This is a discussion on Need help choosing dc/printer for special within the Photo Printing forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hello, Im pretty new to the field and having trouble finding what i need. I need a digital camera/printer option that i can use in ...

Hello,
    Im pretty new to the field and having trouble finding what i need.
    I need a digital camera/printer option that i can use in the field (no power/no computer). I will need it to be capable of printing 4x6 prints with muliple DIFFERENT photos on one page (say 4). Anyone have recommendations for me? Any help would be appreciated
    Kind Regards,
    Richard

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    There are a number of compact printers that have a battery pack option. But, the most important thing is whether or not the camera supports Pict_bridge or not. If the camera does not, than you cant't print without a computer.

If your camera is PICT bridge compliant, most major brands make a printer that will meet your needs. I found a number of these by Googling on printer battery and then viewing the ones on Amazon. I prefer Canon but there are others.

If you need a camera as well, I'm pretty sure any Canon dSLR will have this ability and I think most Nikons as well. Most camera stores these days carry a few printers as well as cameras so you might want to visit a camera store in your area. It's nearly impossible to give a solid recommendations without knowing more about what you already have, what you will be doing with it, what your budget is, etc...

It might even be possible that a Point and Shoot camera can give you what you need at a lower price point.
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

I will be taking photos of people (everyday people) and putting them in keychains and they buy. However, they always want more than one (different photo) and with different pics. The main question i had was what camera or printer will set up so i can have different pictures on one print.
    For example>:
    I take a photo of your daughter for your keychain, but you want 2, the other photo one of your husband as well. I need to only print one sheet to use both photos or i spend twice as much on paper. Would be a big waste to do one photo per page (you know how small keychains are).

Thanks , any help would be appreciated.
    Richard

I think the word im looking for is "indexed Print" (sets up the print to have different photos). Problem im running into is confirming which camera/printer combo would work in the field. I wont be using a computer.
    Thanks!
    Richard

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links