Kodak5300

This is a discussion on Kodak5300 within the Photo Printing forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I just bought a printer/scanner/copier all in one because it was on sale and someone recommended it. Suppolisly it was good. but before I continue ...

Thread: Kodak5300

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I just bought a printer/scanner/copier all in one because it was on sale and someone recommended it. Suppolisly it was good. but before I continue to open this thing up I want to know what the opinions are out there. And has it ever given anyone any problems?

I'd appreciate it!!
    Emma Castiilo

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    okay so, no one put in there 2 cents, so I discovered it all on my own . Don't buy a Kodak printer lol.
    I had picture of my sister, she came out looking orange, My cat who has a beige color almost looked white, a blue bed cover alost look white with terrible blends. By sister's shadow even looked orange. I directly printed these picture from my camera and they definetly didn't look like that. White walls were gray..... need I say more. Anyone know of a better printer I can get for better quality?
    Emma Castiilo

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I wish I could lend advice but I don't have the most wonderful photo printer either HP8250. I got it before I really got into photography and the colors just never look right to me....never look like they do on the computer...
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

PHOTO EDITING OK
    i threw out my old epson because of blockage problems and bought a VERY CHEAP canon pixma 1800. It was about $45. I have been very pleased with it. It's not something you can make poster prints with, but works very well up to 8x10s.

Also, not sure where your printing from, but profiling your printer and monitor may help some.
    "the only thing that knows less about what a woman wants than a man... is a woman."

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    yes I agree with you jen. My pictures change colors when I download them into my computer...I hate that SOOOOOOO MUCH! I believe someone said I need to get a program to correct that right?

I've heard the Canon Pixma's are good but not everyone seems pleased with them , and if this epson fails me I'll head towards the canon Pixma

Well I went back to best buy returned the Kodak in exchange for an Epson RX595. So far I'm on my thirs print and uhmmm.. The pictures look beautiful the COLORS however don't seem to add up. This thing has so many setting I'm trying to adjust it to see if that will work. WISH ME LUCK. ...
    If anyone can help me configure the colors that'd be great help.

Thanks for the replies
    Emma Castiilo

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Good luck, I'm cluesless when it comes to calibrating the printer to match the PC
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links