printing to a press printing

This is a discussion on printing to a press printing within the Photo Printing forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; ok, this is not for photo printing, but for big posters that contain photos. so I`m not expecting the ultra high quality of a photograph, ...

ok, this is not for photo printing, but for big posters that contain photos. so I`m not expecting the ultra high quality of a photograph, but instead the great quality of a poster.

now, living in europe, I set my workspace in photoshop as european standard, and I change it coated or uncoated when nedeed.

but my printings are dull and flat, colors are blue and brownie.

if I change my color space to US standard, colors are more accurate, but still keep a bluish tone.

this both examples are when printing rgb files. when converting to cmyk, things are even worse.

now, I don`t know much about calibration and profiling, but things are way to complicated.

I even read twice the color management chapter from "adobe photoshop cs3 for photographers" by martin evening, but can`t really understand.

if someone could help me put things straight, I would really apreciate.

thank you!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links