Professional Printing

This is a discussion on Professional Printing within the Photo Printing forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I've always loved photography, but now I am thinking about doing it as a career. One question I have is about printing photos. What is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up

I've always loved photography, but now I am thinking about doing it as a career. One question I have is about printing photos. What is the most common printing process for photographers that go around and take portraits of people. Do they have their photos printed out at Walmart, Walgreens or an online website? Also, how do they get their logo on the pictures instead of something else from where its printed? Just curious. Thanks! Tori

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Well firstly welcome to the forum - I'm sure someone will have some answers for you

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Bumpin' this up! I would like to know the answers to this question too!! Thanks in advance!!
    Staci

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I am not a professional by any means, but I prefer a local camera shop to Walmart/Walgreens for pictures I, well... care about. I frequently have pictures printed at Walgreens (my brother works in a Walgreens photo lab not where I live) for when I need it within an hour, but I prefer a professional approach for nicer pictures. I expect a roll of film would be more expensive (and better quality), but 5x7 and 8x10 are about the same -- and the camera shop does larger than that in-house.

--Jason
    Canon Rebel XT (350D); Canon EF 24-70mm ƒ/2.8 USM; Canon EF 50mm ƒ/1.4 USM; Canon EF 75-300mm ƒ/4-5.6; Canon Speedlite 430EX

Gilliland Photography
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    i use north west profecional color there web site is www.npc-net.com and i have my shipping set at 5.00 no matter how many photos i order the other day i got a 22 lb package of photos back was for one of the grade schools basketball photos 160 or so kids but anyway besides the printing being cheap there photo prints are to try under 1.59 for an 8x10 wow anyway i like them they are very helpful and have great products has helped my buisness grow tremendously ..... hope this helps
    http://www.gillilandphotography.com

I print my own on an Epson 2200. I would doubt that pros are using Walmart or Walgreens to do their work. If I have to have something extra special done or something larger than I can print I run to a prolab located not to far from where I live.

To make a difference in someones day or life, just be nice.

IAFF L-726

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I use IPrintFromHome.com

The prices are great and the customer service is awesome. I accidently uploaded the wrong image, and it was going to be cropped until they called me and informed me.

Really great place

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Well, let's assume you're shooting digital. If not, you have to use a prolab for best results. Otherwise the choice is fairly simple. An 8 x 10 might cost $2 at Walmart but you can print the same picture for $1 using your own printer and consumables. If you're printing an occasional family photo it might not make sense to have a printer sitting around. For one thing, if you don't use them they tend to gum up and you'll need to replace the whole printer even if you have only printed a handful of images.

On the otherhand, if you're selling actual prints then having a printer is a must. Even if you will send them out to a prolab to print 500 flyers you still need to have a properly calibrated system, including a printer so you can do comps before sending them out to be printed.

Bottom line, decide what your market will be and then try to find a printer that is good in that market. If you're selling prints you should look for a printer capable of 11x17 (A3). I have a Canon ip4300 (does not do A3) and it works fine for doing my comps before sending them off to the printer.
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

always learning!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I don't use them cause I'm not professional or in the USA...but I've heard great things about them

here's the link----> http://whcc.com/
    this is my 'best' model....my granddaughter Hannah
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...gnaturebar.jpg

total newbie trying to make friends with my NIKON D40X W/18-55 II, 55-200 VR DX,
    Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma 30mm 1.4 and the SB 600

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links