Professional Printing

This is a discussion on Professional Printing within the Photo Printing forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I use Millers for anything important-for proofs and or quick orders you can use Sams or Costco if you take time to calibrate your printer ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I use Millers for anything important-for proofs and or quick orders you can use Sams or Costco if you take time to calibrate your printer to match theirs.
    Heather

My Blog

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Also, how do they get their logo on the pictures instead of something else from where its printed? Thanks! Tori
    The simpliest way to add a text layer in PhotoShop and then adjust the opacity and/or the way the layer blends with the layers below it. Putting a logo or other identifier on a photo is just a form of "watermarking" the image.

If you don't know how to do this just search the internet on PhotoShop watermark. I found an article at ePhotozine.com that tells how to create a watermark. It's a bit complex and it took me a couple of hours of playing around until I got it right.

One I figured it out, I recorded the steps and made it into a Photoshop action. So now when I want a watermark all I need to do is pull up the action palette, click on "my watermark", and then run action. If it's too big or too small you can resize it like any other layer.

BTW: I do this for my copyright notice as well. To add a copyright to an image I have an action. I run the action then adjust the color and size of the text to match the phot I'm working on.
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

I use Douglas Photographic Imaging here in town. They're pretty good and one of my favorite photographers has an office there - Paul Bowen
    Canon Rebel 400D/XTi, EF-S18-55mm, EF 70-300mm IS USM, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro, EF-S 10-22mm, Speedlight 430EX II

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    According to a number of sources, MPIX produces very good prints. They can do some post processing by people who know what they are doing.

http://www.mpix.com/
    John B

I personally use WHCC also! Their quick, professional prints, priced right, free shipping on a $12.00 order or more. New accounts being setup will be asked to do testing for color calabration to make sure your getting what you are seeing on your monitor. So, you get a few prints free Prints are sent back within 2 days normally.
    Some Where Over
    The Rainbow Is
    Where I Want To Be, Juli

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I use millers lab (http://millerslab.com) for everything. Every order ships free fedex overnight! When you sign up they send ask you for four of your photos, you upload them and they send you 2 8x10's of each (watermarked, but they show you their prints so you can calibrate your monitor if need be)

I've ordered $175 of their stuff so far and nothing has been wrong!

I even emailed them a question once at 1am and got a response by 2am!!
    Nikon D90, 18-105mm AF-S VR, 50mm 1.8D, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 macro

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Let me add some updated info. Since my previous post I have had a number of images (of grass spikelets) printed by Mpix and also have had some images printed by Miller's. Mpix is a subsidary of Millers. My prints are 8 X 10 with a metallic finish so I'll use that as a comparison.

Inks and paper are the same. Both use the same ICC profiles so I assume the printers are the same.

Quality: Both are extremely good could not really tell any difference. Prints matched my color corrected monitor exactly.

Cust service: both respond very quickly to email; you can reach cust service by phone at Millers

Costs at Mpix (on 8 X 10 metallic finish): $2.49 (1 to 10 prints) $2.19 (11+ prints); They will color correct or not for no charge; Shipping: $5.95 USPS Priority (flat rate)

Costs at Millers (on 8 X 10 metallic finish) varies:
    Ambassador: $4.38 (1st print) $3.43 (2 thru 10) $2.22 (11 thru 20); They color correct; Shipping is overnite and free
    Thrift: $3.86 (1st print) $3.03 (2 thru 10) $1.95 (11 thru 20); They do not color correct; Shipping is overnite and free
    Pic-A-Pac which is only for event shot and does not include weddings:
    $1.95 (1+ prints); They color correct; Shipping is overnite and free
    There is another set of prices for school shots which are even lower priced.

Establishing an account and uploads: both similar and easy

Websites: both similar and easy to navigate although you have to sign up for a free account at Millers. To sign up you send them 4 images and they will send you a set of 8 X 10's color corrected and not color corrected for free. You can't get to pricing on Miller's without an account.

John B

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I even emailed them a question once at 1am and got a response by 2am!!

Now that's customer service!
    Canon T1i/Gripped // Canon 7D/Gripped
    Canon EF 300/f4 L IS // EF 70-200/f2.8LIS // EF 24-105/f4L IS // EF-S 17-55/f2.8 IS

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I second Mpix, I just got my first batch of photos from them and they were awesome! Very affordable too!
    Canon Rebel XT with 50mm, 18-55mm IS, 70-300mm Sigma lens and loving Adobe Lightroom 2.

not much to say but i also prefer a local camera shop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links