How to put your name on every photo?

This is a discussion on How to put your name on every photo? within the Photo Editing & Image Management forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Well i'm new to photography.. i see that many photographers like to put their names or studio name on every image.. i want to do ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How to put your name on every photo?

Equipment
    Nikon D5100 + AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm ED VR lens
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Question How to put your name on every photo?

Well i'm new to photography..
    i see that many photographers like to put their names or studio name on every image..
    i want to do this but i would like to know how to create one..& how can i put them on every picture..like do i have to do it one by one?

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Are you referring to a watermark, or part of the EXIF/IPTC/XMP data?
    Sick of all the spam and advertising. I'm done here.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I would hesitate to do that untill your photos are super great. I am sure you would not want to be reminded of your early work if you improved considerably in the course of 5 or 10 years or so.

Cameron

Super Moderator
    Equipment
    Canon 5D mk II, EF 14mm f/2.8L II, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 300mm f/2.8L IS, Speelite 430EX II, 5380EX II
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Lots of software will add a watermark. Check the help for your photo editor. Usually the watermark has an opacity setting which makes the watermark semi transparent. My own photo management software only applies the watermark when I export or publish an image.
    Tim Campbell

Equipment
    Nikon
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I would hesitate to do that untill your photos are super great. I am sure you would not want to be reminded of your early work if you improved considerably in the course of 5 or 10 years or so.

Cameron
    You Are An Ass Cameron....Tell Me Do You Have Anything Good To Say About Any Image On This Forum?

Please 'Don't Listen To Him' Mayret.....

She only asked about watermarks, she didn't ask or need to hear that she was a lousy photographer especially when she hasn't even posted a pic....Yet....

Most of the sheet you've posted Cameron has been 'Total Crap' but yet you think you're 'God's Gift' to the photography world!

You're Not!
    Last edited by MountainRider; 04-14-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    Nikon D300 - Nikkor 18-55VR, 55-200, 70-300VR - Sigma 50-500 (Bigma)
    Bogen Manfrotto Tripod, Manfrotto Monopod, & Ballheads
    All stuffed into two Pelican waterproof cases.

Equipment
    Canon Rebel Xs
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    It is fairly easy to do and there is programs out there to do it by the batch, you can do it one by one with paint heres a tutorial I found for you thats easier to explain. Creating watermarks with Microsoft Paint Best of luck to you.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I don't watermark every photo I have. That's waaaaaay too much work! I only watermark what I post online.

I use GIMP and have a process that allows me to match colors in the photo for the WM. I also size & place the WM where it's 'best suited', something batch processing cannot do.

I also incorporate a 'hidden' watermark..... one that's buried in the image data (no, not the exif data, the image itself) that cannot be seen or extracted except by special software.

Watermarks for the work I sell is incorporated into the image when I prepare the file for printing.... the WM is sized according to the print ordered.
    Designer likes this.
    Sick of all the spam and advertising. I'm done here.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRider View Post
    You Are An Ass Cameron....Tell Me Do You Have Anything Good To Say About Any Image On This Forum?

Please 'Don't Listen To Him' Mayret.....

She only asked about watermarks, she didn't ask or need to hear that she was a lousy photographer especially when she hasn't even posted a pic....Yet....

Most of the sheet you've posted Cameron has been 'Total Crap' but yet you think you're 'God's Gift' to the photography world!

You're Not!
    Boy, you read a lot into a post, don't you? In the case in question I was using "you" in general terms as in "one", anyone etc. Why would it be used in a personal sense? since as you point out I do not know her.

I was also considering the quality of my work at age 16 and younger. Some of it was very creative, but I am not sure that I would have liked to still see my name on all of it.

As far as your total crap is concerned, cool it, and quit being insulting.

Cameron
    Last edited by Cameron; 04-14-2012 at 07:33 PM.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRider View Post

You're Not!
    Your post could be characterized as less than intelligent. Posters are looking for ways to improve their photos, otherwise they would not ask for comments, critique etc.
    I have suggested ways to improve their shot. The only thing that that makes me is someone interested in contributing to this forum, nothing else. If you cannot get past that then you have some problem that I cannot help.

Cameron

Equipment
    Nikon
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Your post could be characterized as less than intelligent. Posters are looking for ways to improve their photos, otherwise they would not ask for comments, critique etc.
    I have suggested ways to improve their shot. The only thing that that makes me is someone interested in contributing to this forum, nothing else. If you cannot get past that then you have some problem that I cannot help.

Cameron
    Yeah well the op didn't ask for critique!
    She asked how to create a "Watermark" & you come back with some idiotic comment about not watermarking her work for five to ten years!
    If she wants a watermark, that is her prerogative 'Not Yours'

As far as my Intelligence, I have an excuse....
    It's known as advancing age, illness & the drugs I have take to control that illness. All contribute to the loss of brain cells.
    I admit that I do not articulate as well as I used too, which is why I very seldom do more than post a few of my own shots these days.
    All we've seen from you is a 'not so good' very static shot of a three month old & negativity on everyone elses posts!

Whats that old internet adage ~ oh yeah ~ Don't feed the trolls. Well I did this time, but I won't again.
    Congratulations Cameron, you now have at least two people on this forum that have put you on their ignore list!

Last edited by MountainRider; 04-15-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    Nikon D300 - Nikkor 18-55VR, 55-200, 70-300VR - Sigma 50-500 (Bigma)
    Bogen Manfrotto Tripod, Manfrotto Monopod, & Ballheads
    All stuffed into two Pelican waterproof cases.

•  

Ads