Backup software for images

This is a discussion on Backup software for images within the Photo Editing & Image Management forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Im trying to find some backup software to back up my images in DNG and the other file formats, and am very confused at whats ...

Thumbs up

Im trying to find some backup software to back up my images in DNG and the other file formats, and am very confused at whats available. Acronis, and Genie Manager seem to get good reviews, but bad user reviews for example. I would like to be able to back files up without losing them if they are no longer in the source but still in the destination.

Can anyone recommend some good software please?

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I myself like "sync" software more than backup software.

As with all important files I have them in about 3-4 places, once on the main PC, once on a external HD, once more on anothed mobile external HD and lastly on data RW-DVDs. And they're not compressed in a large backup file.

As for the software I use, it's "Good Sync", it does a great job, and I am happy with it.
    www.grogo.co.uk

Canon 5D MarkII, Canon 450D, Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM, Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM, 2 x Canon 580EX II Flashgun.
    Sigma 12-24 f/44.5-5.6DG, Sigma 15mm f/2.8 DG Fisheye, Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG Macro

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I use a program called Synchredible. It is free for images up to 1 MB. Anything over that and you have to pay for it.

I use it to keep a sync copy of the files on my hard drive to a 250GB external USB drive and it works pretty well. I also installed it on the web server that I built for work and it runs each night and keeps the backup server in sync with the primary server. It has been running for months with no problems.

I like it because you can set it up to copy everything from say My Documents in Windows, or deselect certain files or folders. You can basically make it as simple or complex a backup as you need.
    Nikon D80
    Nikon DX AF-S NIKKOR 18-55mm GII
    Nikon AF-S DX VR 55-200mm f/4-5.6 G IF-ED Lens
    Nikon 50mm f1.8
    Nikon 80-200/2.8 D-AF ED
    Tamron Zoom Super Wide Angle AF 17-35mm f/2.8-4
    Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 DI w/MOTOR f/NIKON

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links