Uncovering hidden information in pictures

This is a discussion on Uncovering hidden information in pictures within the Photo Editing & Image Management forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hi guys While I AM a hobby photographer, this question relates more to digital imaging of work-related pictures. In this specific case I am working ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Hi guys

While I AM a hobby photographer, this question relates more to digital imaging of work-related pictures.

In this specific case I am working on some ground penetrating radar data from Greenland.

Two pictures can be downloaded for reference:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5364002/testgpr.jpg
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5364002/testgprb.jpg

The first picture uploaded shows the entire radar profile for a vehicle driven across the ice sheet while firing off the radar. Internal lines (caused by volcanic eruptions) are clearly visible throughout. I would like to somehow enhance the clarity of these internal lines in the lower grey area (as represented by the second picture).

Does anyone have any ideas? Ive been playing around with basic editing and some gaussian filters, etc, but it only brings out a little portion of the lines which I know are there.

Your help is much appreciated!

Sincerely

Sievers (Denmark)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Have you tried a horizontal moving average filter? Never processed these type of images, I will try to see what I can do about it. You might want to ask this question in machine vision and image processing newsgroups.

Paolo

•  

Ads