Elements 8 question.

This is a discussion on Elements 8 question. within the Photo Editing & Image Management forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I am trying to learn elements. Here's something I cant figure out. Hopefully someone can help with it. Ok, so I open my RAW image ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I am trying to learn elements. Here's something I cant figure out. Hopefully someone can help with it.

Ok, so I open my RAW image in elements and work on my photograph to my satisfaction.

My problem is that when I go to save it, it saves it as a psd file and I need it to be jpeg. When I use the pull down menu and choose jpeg, it does not change, it actually goes to another photograph in the album.

Can anyone help me to understand how to change it from a psd file to a jpeg file?

Thanks, Cheri

Happy Shooting, Cheri

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I am so dadgummed proud of myself. I figured it out. So, in case anyone else ever needs to know how to do this, this is what you do:

1. Open photograph in Elements.

2. Click on "file" and then "save for web".

3. Click on the drop down menu and choose "jpeg"!

Wahla! Done. It's the little things in life that make me happy...oh yes it is.

Cheri

Happy Shooting, Cheri

lost. always lost..
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    that's perfectly fine if all you ever want to do is save web sized images. if you want to save a larger file then you need to check out a few things.

make sure that the photo is in 8bit, not sure where you'd find this option in elements, but for photoshop go to image>mode. you should probably make sure it's also in srgb.

make sure the file has only 1 layer. if there's more than 1 then flatten it.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by siodre View Post
    that's perfectly fine if all you ever want to do is save web sized images. if you want to save a larger file then you need to check out a few things.

make sure that the photo is in 8bit, not sure where you'd find this option in elements, but for photoshop go to image>mode. you should probably make sure it's also in srgb.

make sure the file has only 1 layer. if there's more than 1 then flatten it.
    Beth, that's interesting that you brought that up. I read the "help" section and reat about the 8bit. However, when I pulled down the menu where it said it was located, it was greyed out to where I couldn't select it. So yes, I'd love it if someone that knows more about Elements 8 can clarify that.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheri

Happy Shooting, Cheri

PHOTO EDITING OK
    After working on my photo in RAW I click "OPEN IMAGE" and finish editing in PSE 8.

Then I click on FILE and SAVE AS. My picture is usually then in JPEG. If not there is a place in the window to change to JPEG.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links