Adobe Lightroom 3 - WOW!

This is a discussion on Adobe Lightroom 3 - WOW! within the Photo Editing & Image Management forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I've been using this forum as a great learning place as I begin to grow photography from occasional point and shoot to a real hobby. ...

I've been using this forum as a great learning place as I begin to grow photography from occasional point and shoot to a real hobby. One of my tasks has been to find the right photo management software for my needs. I have Corel X4 (used to drive laser engraver in our at-home business) and Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0, but I don't have a good photo management software. Sure, Elements has a organization system included, but it's not what I wanted.

After reading many posts on the subject here, I downloaded the 30 day trail version of Adobe Lightroom 3 last week. I am having fun learning the in's and out's of this versatile software. I am surprised at the number of quality instructional videos available on the web for this package. I don't do graphic design so I don't need a lot of the upper level tools of Corel or PS. The photo management and post processing tools of Lightroom 3 are exactly what I was looking for. I can use Elements 5.0 to do the spot healing and mask required type adjustments when needed.

If you are at the developement point in your hobby as I am, I encourage you to take a free look at Lightroom 3.

I have the software pre-ordered throught Amazon along with a book by Scott Kelby and expect the software to arrive before my trial version expires.

I just wanted to thank the regulars here for the good, and friendly, advice given here.
    ...An old beginner...
    Canon Rebel XSi w/EFS 18-135 and a couple of kit lens - 18-55, 55-250
    Canon Speedlite 430EX II
    Corel 5X
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.0
    Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3

R0B
    Equipment
    Sony A77 + grip, Sony A200 + grip, Sony 16-50mm f/2.8, Sony 50mm f/1.8, Sony 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6, tokina 70-210mm f/4-5.6, 2 flashguns.
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Agreed, lightroom is just awesome!
    500px.com/robellis
    http://facebook.com/robellisphotography

Sony A77, A200, Grips for both, 16-50 f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, 18-70 f/3.5-5.6, 70-210 f/4-5.6, 2 flashguns.

NME Under 21's music photographer of the year runner up.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    My copy just came from Amazon today and it's going to be a long haul to 5 o'clock when I can go home and install it! I've been using the "bucket system" for storage my raw files with dumb headings like "landscapes" etc. Now everything is disorganized and I spend hours looking through my photos in Bridge just to find one I'm looking for. I'm hoping to clean that up.
    -Michael
    CC Always welcome and appreciated.
    My Flickr

That's great. My original ship date was July 1, but I got an email from Amazon today that stated I should receive my copy tomorrow. I have spent the last three evenings watching tutorial videos and experimenting. I hope the package comes with a cheat sheet with all the "Hot Keys" listed.
    ...An old beginner...
    Canon Speedlite 430EX II
    Corel 5X

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I also am reading a book on lightroom and found out how to get to the keyboard shortcuts. Hit Command+/ (Ctrl+/)
    -Michael
    My Flickr

Thanks! Just printed out the list. My copy of Lightroom got delayed until at least Friday, but this will help with the trial version I'm using.
    ...An old beginner...
    Canon Speedlite 430EX II
    Corel 5X

PHOTO EDITING OK
    What is the cost of Lightroom these days?
    *I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Amazon has it for $285.99 for the full version or $99 to upgrade.
    -Michael
    My Flickr

PHOTO EDITING OK

Man, I'd be itching to spend on this...!
    *I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

lost. always lost..
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    working on 600 photos shot monday and tuesday with lr3, i was holding out on upgrading until i had time to shoot again. i love the lens correction and perspective correction tools.

anyone know where to get more lens profiles?

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links