Batch Watermarking

This is a discussion on Batch Watermarking within the Photo Editing & Image Management forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; What's a good program that I can batch watermark images? (using a provided image (logo) as the watermark, already transparent) Also, I'm also wondering about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PHOTO EDITING OK

Thumbs up

What's a good program that I can batch watermark images? (using a provided image (logo) as the watermark, already transparent)

Also, I'm also wondering about a program to batch process RAW files (contrast, sharpness, color temp, hue, vibrance, & vignette).
    --Brandon
    Canon EOS 50D 15.1MP dSLR | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II Lens | Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens | Canon 18-55mm IS Lens | Canon 28-135mm USM IS Lens
    beemerphotography.com | My Flickr
    "Live through your eyes, remember through your pictures." - Me

PHOTO EDITING OK
    No advice?
    --Brandon
    Canon EOS 50D 15.1MP dSLR | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II Lens | Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens | Canon 18-55mm IS Lens | Canon 28-135mm USM IS Lens

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEMERBMW View Post
    No advice?
    are you using photoshop, by chance?
    bear with me. i don't have an escape button...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle_turnip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEMERBMW View Post
    No advice?
    are you using photoshop, by chance?
    Yes.
    --Brandon

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I'd set up an action routine, by Photoshop, you mean photoshop and not pse, right? There should be a lot on google about this. I'd help you more, but I don't currently own a copy of Photoshop.

You should certainly be able to use actions to convert your RAWs and I'm sure you could work something out for your watermark. You're not using a mac, by chance?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle_turnip View Post
    I'd set up an action routine, by Photoshop, you mean photoshop and not pse, right? There should be a lot on google about this. I'd help you more, but I don't currently own a copy of Photoshop.

You should certainly be able to use actions to convert your RAWs and I'm sure you could work something out for your watermark. You're not using a mac, by chance?
    Yes, Adobe Photoshop CS4, not elements. Can you do actions for RAW files though? I usually just have to edit: Temp., Tint, sometimes Exposure, Contrast, Clarity, and Vibrance. (rarely recovery or fill light)

Wish I did have a Mac, but nope.
    --Brandon

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I don't know about actions for RAW files. Do you have to leave Photoshop to process raws? I've used photoshop at my last job, but it was strictly for prepress purposes. Before that it was at a newspaper and the only raw that Californian real estate agents know is overpriced sushi, before that I spent too much time in the darkroom getting wet and poisoning myself with chromate and pyrogalol and before that it was a world of $3000 cameras taking crappy 3mp tiffs... So, no, to make a long story short, I've never had ther opertumity to process raw files in Photoshop...

shortest bio ever!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    If you start in Bridge, you can select a bunch of RAWs, go to Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor...

This will allow you to open the files, make adjustments to the first, and then have those adjustments applied to the rest.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Open one photo in Adobe Camera Raw. Adjust your settings. Save the settings as a preset. Back in Adobe Bridge select all the photos you want to use that pre-set on. Go up to "Edit" (I think). Choose "Develop settings", and your list of pre-sets will pop-up. Choose the pre-set you want, and it will process them all with those settings.

If you want to run actions in Photoshop from Bridge use Image Processor as Grandpa said.

I start out by running my standard processing pre-set from Bridge. Then I open the photos in Adobe Camera Raw for individual tuning. Then I use Image Processor to run my sharpening actions in Photoshop. If it's for the web I choose a sharpening action that includes re-sizing and adding a watermark. I just googled "water mark tutorial Adobe Photoshop", read a few of the articles, and then made my own watermarking action.

"I don’t use an exposure meter. My personal advice is: Spend the money you would put into such an instrument for film. Buy yards of film, miles of it. Buy all the film you can get your hands on. And then experiment with it. That is the only way to be successful in photography. Test, try, experiment, feel your way along. It is the experience, not technique, which counts in camera work first of all. If you get the feel of photography, you can take fifteen pictures while one of your opponents is trying out his exposure meter." -Alfred Eisenstaedt

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks guys for the advice. I'll have to try that!
    --Brandon

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links