What did you do with Photoshop?

This is a discussion on What did you do with Photoshop? within the Photo Editing & Image Management forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I had a question for everyone. I'm curious how you learned everything you know with Photoshop? (whatever version you may have) I have done cd ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PHOTO EDITING OK

Talking

I had a question for everyone. I'm curious how you learned everything you know with Photoshop? (whatever version you may have)

I have done cd tutorials and I'm now going to take a college course about it. I know that I have so much to learn and I see how much everyone on here knows so many techniques and I'm curious how you learned? Did you teach yourself? Books? Classes? A workshop?

Thanks for sharing!
    "Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots" - Frank A. Clark

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/profil...124945@N07.jpg

http://rainnotebook.wordpress.com/

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Lot's of ways...

Mostly, discount books at the book store that are about previous versions (most info still applys), magazine articles, web tutorials, and tips from Photoforum!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I guess I never thought of older version books.

I know there are still alot of things I should know about that i haven't still quite grasped, that I need to know. Such as Layers.
    "Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots" - Frank A. Clark

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I learned PS by myself...

First i was tunning cars for PS contests... So thats how i learned PS...
    Now i use that knowledge for editing my pics, if needed...
    I'mma do the things
    That I wanna do
    I ain't got a thing
    To prove to you!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I guess I never thought of older version books.

I know there are still alot of things I should know about that i haven't still quite grasped, that I need to know. Such as Layers.
    Layers (and blending modes and layer masks) is part of the true magic of Photoshop. Much has been written...

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I am working toward a AAS in Digital Graphics Technology at our local Community College. I have learned a ton of stuff there. I keep all of the text books from those classes so I can look at it later. I also work in Photoshop everyday as I am the Marketing Manager where I work.

Grandpa is right about Layers and Layer Masks. There is enormous power with those tools. But, don't forget about blending modes too. I am currently running CS2. I have messed around with CS3 and been to some work shops for it. Soon enough I will have it too. It has the very powerful smart filters for you smart layers. Giving you extended non distructive capabilities.
    "Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker." - Linus Vanpelt

Canon 5dmkII, Canon T1i (500d), 50mm f/1.4, 24-105mm f/4 L, 17-40mm f/4 L, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L, 2x580exII Flash + various other accessories
    Leica V-Lux1 (stolen out of my car!)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    lol So now I'm not understanding!! Thats why I'm taking this college class. I'm hoping to understand the basics!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I learned PS by myself...

First i was tunning cars for PS contests... So thats how i learned PS...
    Now i use that knowledge for editing my pics, if needed...
    lol i used to do quite a lot of that a few years back when i first had photoshop. not done one for a long time now!!

there's a chap in work who is into photography a bit so we learn off each other [passes the time when we should be working ] the rest i have leanrt from the odd magazine & online tutorials/videos & forums.

I've used Photoshop since version 2.5 and I am self taught. When I began work at a local toy company as a photographer my Photoshop cockiness disappeared. I befriended all of the PS geeks there and learned a lot. Most of the useful techniques I know was from them. The rest of my knowledge is from web tutorials, photo magazines, and hours at the library.

You can also get some entertaining, but not very helpful Photoshop tutorials from this guy.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    One of the most invaluable tools for me has been the video tutorials at Lynda.com; especially the one from Chris Orwell. For $29 / month there are hundreds of high quality videos with around 40 - 50 on Photography and Photoshop. And every video has a group of free trial lessons so you can fully see beforehand if you will like the instructor.

I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links