Cheap Postcards??

This is a discussion on Cheap Postcards?? within the Photo Editing & Image Management forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Help! Help! Three local businesses want postcards -- and they will pay up front! I don't need grosses of these, but would like to buy ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Help! Help! Three local businesses want postcards -- and they will pay up front!

I don't need grosses of these, but would like to buy them by the dozen, or so .

Do you know where I can get good quality postcards and small prints for a reasonable price?

Thanks!!
    "Images Of The Vanishing West"

www.GreatBasinLife.com

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hope you get an answer Arla - just googled printable postcards and there are a few on-line companies printing postcards with text

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks, George --

I think I found the place: [link removed at request of linked site owner]

Quantities as low as 50 @ 29 cents each.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong category - seems like there's a small glitch in the PF browser bar.

www.GreatBasinLife.com

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Sorry I posted this in the wrong category - seems like there's a small glitch in the PF browser bar
    No probs Arla

PHOTO EDITING OK
    ive been using gotprint.net for a bit now. you can go on their site and request a sample packet that will have a BUNCH of samples in there. Im not sure ohw much postcards are, but I know that business cards are cheap and great quality.
    Its been nice to give me card to some semi-professional photographers with press passes and have them wonder where i got mine done.

Also try looking locally. There are a lot of print companies im sure in or around your area that will work with someone local and may be able to cut you a deal. They normally work in smaller loads as well and are willing to help you out with any questions you may have.

and i almost forgot m13 graphics. My friend works for them and although they arent the cheapest, they are VERY good quality, one of my other friends gets all of his flyers for himself and local clubs from them.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks, Kittin!

I will check them out.

Your suggestion for local printing is probably an excellent one for 99% of photogs.
    In my case, the nearest print service is nearly 200 miles away -- it now costs about $45 to drive there and back, so online printing becomes more and more economically feasible.

I appreciate the feedback!

www.GreatBasinLife.com

PHOTO EDITING OK
    If you get the phone numbers, call them up. Explain your situation. The problem with going online is its so impersonal. Most "local" places will at least give you some kind of good service. A lot may actually let you send in your cards online or through the mail, then send them back to you.
    They're also a lot better with smaller orders imo.

Heck I can check around here if you want, mail isnt that expensive and if i were you id go for the hometown feel of it.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Arla,

My first though was that if I bought a postcard I would be very unhappy if the ink ran all over everything if it got the least little bit wet.

The card company you reference says they have a thing called aqueous coating that is "water resistant" whatever that means. The fine print also notes that this is not available on print runs smaller than 200 cards.

This is something I would want to know about.
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Arla,

My first thought was that if I bought a postcard I would be very unhappy if the ink ran all over everything if it got the least little bit wet.

The card company you reference says they have a thing called aqueous coating that is "water resistant" whatever that means. The fine print also notes that this is not available on print runs smaller than 200 cards.

This is something I would want to know about.
    Ah, Charles! What would I do without your indispensible penchant for research, and reading the fine print?!!

Thanks for the heads-up!

I am revisiting the local printing idea, even though I have not been particularly impressed with their work in the past. Thanks, Kittin.

www.GreatBasinLife.com

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks Arla,

I was thinking a little more about this, and I would be sure to add a small line somewhere on the cards that states "limited addition, signed, numbered prints are available through www.greatbasinlife.com". Since they're signed and numbered, you'll have to deal directly with getting them printed, then signed, and probably matted.

I'd treat the postcards as though they are paid advertising; just a thought.
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links