My avatar picture

This is a discussion on My avatar picture within the People Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; I wanted to make a nice looking avatarpicture for this forum and this is what I ended up with. I bought an external flash last ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

My avatar picture

I wanted to make a nice looking avatarpicture for this forum and this is what I ended up with.

I bought an external flash last week and I was playing around with it. For this shot I pointed the flash at the ceiling (every wall in my house is still white, we only finished it a year ago, no money left for decent paint :P ) so the light bounces off these surfaces pretty well. In my first efforts, I was too close to the camera, leaving big shadows around my eyes and cheeks. Took a few more pictures from a slightly bigger distance but in the end I liked this one best: I was really close to the camera, but I simply looked up to get more light on my face.

There was obviously a bit of postprocessing involved: I increased the contrast and played around with the highlights. This contrast, the different textures on my head and the sepia tone give it a bit of an Anton Corbijn / Stefaan Van Fleteren look, which I quite liked.

Added some scratches to give the background some texture and put in the 'always looking'.
    I find myself 'seeing' good photo opportunities everywhere around me, since I started getting into this hobby... Always looking!

CC appreciated, as always.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    You might need to reduce the output power of your external flash unit. The image appears to be over exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackp View Post
    You might need to reduce the output power of your external flash unit. The image appears to be over exposed.
    Overexposed or undertaken.

Are you the one in the snow storm, in the white fur coat holding a white rabbit?
    Orlando Wedding Photographer William Arthur Photography

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links