can anyone critique these pics for me? Constructive critisism wanted.

This is a discussion on can anyone critique these pics for me? Constructive critisism wanted. within the People Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dazzaone

Thread: can anyone critique these pics for me? Constructive critisism wanted.

PHOTO EDITING OK

can anyone critique these pics for me? Constructive critisism wanted.

Name:  baby maylee 5.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  49.6 KBName:  mama kate 5.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  87.4 KB

PHOTO EDITING OK
    And these ones please. I want to know how I could be better
    Name:  zieber 1.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  41.8 KBName:  maylee may.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  93.8 KBName:  zieber 3.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  8.7 KBName:  maylee 2.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  87.6 KB

Equipment
    sony a290 DSLR
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hi there, it helps if you include in your post what your camera settings were. Were you shooting in manual, aperture priority or something else? What was your iso, shutter speed and aperture set to? I like the compisiton of the second photo, its realy nicely done and the colours tie in nicely in the last photo but it looks as though the focus is a bit too soft on my screen in all the pictures, they dont seem sharp. Im not a fan of the selective colouring in the balck and white image, it seems out of place and if you want my advice id watch how you are cropping some of the images, the last photo and third last photo seem a bit squint. Just my 2 cents worth, you can take what I say with a pinch of salt as I dont class myself as a pro but im happy to help if you want an opinion

Hayley

PHOTO EDITING OK

Red face Thanks any info help

My camera I used was a 450d with a 28-135mm is lens. I am really new and haven't taken any classes yet so I only use auto focus. I don't understand the other stuff yet. I am going to class a few classes in late Mar. I want to work with now I lay me down to sleep one day so that is why I bought a camera. I now have a 60d and I have a new lens 70-200mm l series but I am also keeping the 28-135 and I have a 18-55 which I don't use. My son is a preemie with serious medical issues so I can't take him out of my house and I want to get better so I can take great pics of him at home. Do you recomend any online schools?

Equipment
    sony a290 DSLR
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Id advise you to keep reading forums and books, they help alot. I have not done any classes, I just read alot of books and practiced EVERY day and ive been doing that for 10 months now. I read Brian Petersons "understanding exposure" and I would recommend it for a beginner. There are loads of online turorials on you tube, try googling "the exposure triangle". Learn how to use your camera, learn what it can do, try different things. Its hard at first to get your head around it but you will pick it up. Good luck and keep shooting!

Super Moderator
    Equipment
    Canon 5D mk II, EF 14mm f/2.8L II, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 300mm f/2.8L IS, Speelite 430EX II, 5380EX II
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    If you're shooting on full-auto then really you're framing up the composition for the shot. I'd DEFINITELY pick up a copy of "Understanding Exposure" -- Peterson explains what all those other settings on the camera do, why you'd want to use them, and what affect they'll have on your photos (with lots of examples) and the book really is targeted at beginners.
    Tim Campbell

Equipment
    Nikon
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    maybe try to sharpen the images .. I like the way you shoot the B&W photo because black and white for me added more intimacy on that picture..
    I suggest that you learn more about posing of your models .. Just like Haley said there are many online tutorials there to learn from..

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Alll advice has been given, but more importantly keep shooting, it may take years to get to a level with what you are aming for, then again it may take a matter of months it all depends on what you aim to achieve, good luck
    ChicagoJohn likes this.

Equipment
    Sammy PS, Nikon N60, Yashica C, iPhone 4
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    He's my take on children, they are happiest and most natural playing, I would aim for trying to capture them that way rather than posed and bored. The Photo Journalist style might be a good style to take up on.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links