My first photoshoot

This is a discussion on My first photoshoot within the People Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; [attachment=31347:35042_40...173614_n.jpg][attachment=31346:35704_40...268904_n. jpg][attachment=31345:Aiden.jpg]...

[attachment=31347:35042_40...173614_n.jpg][attachment=31346:35704_40...268904_n.
    jpg][attachment=31345:Aiden.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images    

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Congrats on the first 'gig'!!!

Scott (hope everything went as planned) B
    Sony a350
    Sony kit lense 18-70
    Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX
    Sigma 70-300mm APO
    Sigma 2x teleconverter/10x adapters/Kenko extention tube kit

Canon XS10IS PowerShot {PNS camera}

GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition {hanging under a DJI F450 FlameWheel quadcopter}

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    They are a little bright. If you have photoshop then try adjusting the brightness and contrast levels. Great job though. The last one is my favorite.

~skye

Excellent first effort. I agree that the second one might be a tad on the bright side but saying that, I do like how the grreeness of thte foliage is reflected in the colour of the subject's eyes. Nice!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Good job! for the first time.

From the first 2 images it looks like you were using a flash..

The lighting is really harsh and not doing you any favours..

if you need to use a flash it shouldn't be noticeable and just provide a bit of fill light.

The first is not really working for me, in a narrative or pictorial fashion
    the second is okay but light isn't good
    the capture in the third image is not really working and the dappled light confuses the background

were these these best?

I am sorry to be so harsh but if you get people telling you did a good job they are only blowing sunshine up your shorts
    If you expect people to pay for this kind of work you are going to have to step up the standard quite a lot

maybe its too early to be out there... .not to say you can't make it you just need to put in more time

Jane

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Possibly this was a first freebie photoshoot attempt to get out there and practice, and maybe the OP will come back and update the post a bit with some additional details. Without practice, and critique, we can't improve.

Way to get out there!
    Geri
    People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life. ~Faith Resnick

Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm 2.8, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VR, Nikon TC-17E teleconverter.

Quote Originally Posted by spotted1 View Post
    Possibly this was a first freebie photoshoot attempt to get out there and practice, and maybe the OP will come back and update the post a bit with some additional details. Without practice, and critique, we can't improve.

Way to get out there!

absolutely I totally agree.. you have to get out there to get better. I first practiced on friends and family... when things looked liked i could reliably do some good work .. then I thought about a paid shoot.. so i offered my services free in a charity auction.. then to friends for a very reasonable fee .. people I didn't know who saw what I produced then approached me by word of mouth..

this won't happen and could hamper your progress as a paid photographer.. if thats your goal...

I know people want to be supportive and encouraging, but i don't think it helpful to tell someone they did a good job, when it isn't true... we are big grown ups now..

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links