Local shoot with Model Mayhem

This is a discussion on Local shoot with Model Mayhem within the People Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; My fellow photographer Ken invited me out to one of his shoots that he does with models from Model Mayhem. I need all the experience ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    My fellow photographer Ken invited me out to one of his shoots that he does with models from Model Mayhem. I need all the experience I can get so I never let an opportunity pass by. The theme was like punk/emo look and we needed to find a urban area where there will be graffiti, broken bottles, broken down cars, etc. Turns out the location was at the Baltimore Streetcar Museum. This area had railroad tracks, broken down tractors, trains, train parts, etc. It was perfect! While I watched him go to work, he told me I get in the shoot whenever I want so I did a couple shots without being greedy of course lol. Afterward his friend Mike and him told me I should start a profile on MM because my work is getting up there. I'm not confident yet, so we'll see later on as I build my portfolio...here are some samples from the shoot.

Hope you enjoyed the photos!

martinkimphotography.com

Fierce!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Nice shots! Beware though, Model Mayhem isn't all true models. Lots are people who've never modeled and just pretend they are. I have a photography and modeling account on it and I've done lots in both worlds. Some people are fakes on there too. If you make a profile, look at whoever your looking to work with's friends and ask the friends how they are to work with.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentAwakening View Post
    Nice shots! Beware though, Model Mayhem isn't all true models. Lots are people who've never modeled and just pretend they are. I have a photography and modeling account on it and I've done lots in both worlds. Some people are fakes on there too. If you make a profile, look at whoever your looking to work with's friends and ask the friends how they are to work with.
    LOL thanks for the heads up, believe me I know. Model Mayhem is just another social network where ANYONE can be ANYBODY. There are some REAL/FAKE MODELS and PHOTOGRAPHERS as well or at least not as classified thoroughly as a "professional" as they state in their profile as well. I'm just clearly an amateur building up my portfolio.
    martinkimphotography.com

PHOTO EDITING OK
    The nice thing about MM is that its easy to find different people actually WILLING to sit in front of the camera. Different and willing are 2 things a starting photographer needs more of.
    We are more ready to try the untried when what we do is inconsequential. Hence the fact that many inventions had their birth as toys. - Eric Hoffer

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh View Post
    The nice thing about MM is that its easy to find different people actually WILLING to sit in front of the camera. Different and willing are 2 things a starting photographer needs more of.
    agreed
    martinkimphotography.com

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    #4 is my favorite shot. nice work.
    Michael Scott Sandberg

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links