Becca- Senior 2010

This is a discussion on Becca- Senior 2010 within the People Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Posting 1 shot from 3 locations and 2 from another of a recent shoot. C&C Welcome 1 2 3 4 5 Thanks for looking....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Posting 1 shot from 3 locations and 2 from another of a recent shoot.

C&C Welcome

Thanks for looking.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hey! Welcome to the forum!

Very nice shots! I really like #4 but I think it may be too centered. Maybe try cropping out some of the sky or the foreground? Just my two cents though. Great series!
    The photographer formally known as "soul_blazer"

Minolta x-700
    Canon T1i
    Canon 70-300mm

Honest and open critique/criticism is always apreciated

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    These are pretty great!

Love the last one and especially love # 4. I do agree about it being too centered. Hope you don't mind I had a play. Its private in flickr and I'll remove if you want me too.

Didnt do anything other than crop it to the bottom third and extended the clouds/sky above her to follow ROT's

Cazz

Canon 40D & Tamron 18 - 270mm lens & Canon 580x II Speedlight and a lot of enthusiasm

When responding to signatures, I'll give my uneducated, self taught opinion and respect that your hard work and fun went into producing the images you share. Please feel free to take everything I say with a grain of salt

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4070/...2269f814_m.jpg

Amarantha Photography

Be my friend on facebook

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz View Post
    These are pretty great!

Love the last one and especially love # 4. I do agree about it being too centered. Hope you don't mind I had a play. Its private in flickr and I'll remove if you want me too.

Didnt do anything other than crop it to the bottom third and extended the clouds/sky above her to follow ROT's

The photographer formally known as "soul_blazer"

Minolta x-700
    Canon T1i
    Canon 70-300mm

Honest and open critique/criticism is always apreciated

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Blazer View Post
    Hey! Welcome to the forum!

Very nice shots! I really like #4 but I think it may be too centered. Maybe try cropping out some of the sky or the foreground? Just my two cents though. Great series!
    Thanks for the critique and for the welcome!!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz View Post
    These are pretty great!

Don't mind at all. Thanks for the troubles. The only reason I didnt crop a little tighter is because that one is going to end up as a poster with some "Diamonds are a girls best friend" graphics. But I didnt think about cropping it down for the regular prints. Wouldnt have crossed my mind. Thanks!!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Lovely colors on these. #3 is my favorite, I like the colors, pose and composition. #1 makes her look a bit older than I think she really is, and I'm not sure her arm placement is the most flattering. I love the idea for #4, the colors look a bit over saturated IMO, but I love the centered composition. The silhouette in #5 seems to awkwardly emphasize her breast, but I love the way it looks over her face. There's some stray hairs there that could use some smoothing as well.

Nice work.
    -Laura-
    Digital: Olympus E-410- Zuiko 14-42, Zuiko 40-150

Film:
    Olympus OM-2 (35mm film) -Zuiko 50mm- Zuiko 75-150mm- Soligor 28mm- Sigma 35-70mm Macro

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." Dale Carnegie

Equipment
    canon rebel xti 400d; ef 50mm f/1.8 II; 0.45x wide angle w/macro; dc-s hood.
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    i have a hard time concentrating on #1. i believe the placement of her is too close to the camera. also the color of her shirt should be toned down a little so you can focus on the face. the vibrant color of the grass and the shirt take away from the point.

God Bless.
    [SIZE=2]in [color=#FF0000][b]

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by WetBottom View Post
    Lovely colors on these. #3 is my favorite, I like the colors, pose and composition. #1 makes her look a bit older than I think she really is, and I'm not sure her arm placement is the most flattering. I love the idea for #4, the colors look a bit over saturated IMO, but I love the centered composition. The silhouette in #5 seems to awkwardly emphasize her breast, but I love the way it looks over her face. There's some stray hairs there that could use some smoothing as well.

Nice work.
    #1 was one of her requested shots (not that I pulled it off). Had no clue as to what to do with her arm/hand that wasn't in a a private area. If I would have done what your saying and back off the crop some, then I could have put it on her stomach which would have been more natural. I will put your ideas into play on our next shoot next week.

#4....I dont think I boosted saturation at all, but think I upped the contrast a little. I will take a look at the RAW file and see.

#5....points taken. Will make some adjustments on the stray hairs to make it more defined outline.

Thanks for the advice.

Equipment
    canon rebel xti 400d; ef 50mm f/1.8 II; 0.45x wide angle w/macro; dc-s hood.
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    anytime, that's what we're all here for dear
    [SIZE=2]in [color=#FF0000][b]

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links