A girl and her guitar

This is a discussion on A girl and her guitar within the People Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Let me know what you think, please feel free to critique as harshly as you'd like. I'm a big kid now, I can take it...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Let me know what you think, please feel free to critique as harshly as you'd like. I'm a big kid now, I can take it

Acid Recruit (Adam)
    [Nikon D60 | Nikon 18-55mm | Nikon 70-300mm]

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Okayy, well, I'd lose #2, crop 3 tighter, and if her eye were a tiny bit more in focus (just a tiny bit...) in #1, I think you should frame it. Maybe you should frame it anyway. I really like how tight in you get and your sense of design and composition. How did you light these?

Just you, me and a few Friends Hangin out, doin what we enjoy
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    #1 is by far by favorite also, Maybe if you try to shoot and focus at the same level as her eyes you will have little better results.
    Canon 7D, Canon 50D, Canon Rebel XTi
    Canon 50mm f/1.8.....Sigma 28-90mm f/2.8.....Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6.....Sigma 80-200 f/2.8.....Canon 28-135mmf/3-4.5

Recording History.......

My Profesional Page.....
    http://www.hodgesphotography.biz

[color="#000000"]Visit me on Face Book......

[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Hodges-Photography-and-Design/200526194513?success=1&v=wall"]

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Really funky in deed

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Okayy, well, I'd lose #2, crop 3 tighter, and if her eye were a tiny bit more in focus (just a tiny bit...) in #1, I think you should frame it. Maybe you should frame it anyway. I really like how tight in you get and your sense of design and composition. How did you light these?

Why would you get rid of two? I'm curious to know so that I can improve! As for the lighting, please don't get upset with me... I've been made aware that what I did is generally considered a big no-no. The backlighting is natural light coming through a window with blinds partially drawn, then I have an incandescent light from a lamp lighting her face. I've been told that I basically got lucky because these two lights generally don't mix well. I also don't have any lighting equipment because I'm a poor college student!
    Acid Recruit (Adam)
    [Nikon D60 | Nikon 18-55mm | Nikon 70-300mm]

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links