The Goddess Skađi

This is a discussion on The Goddess Skađi within the People Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Here are a few images of a project I am working on about mythological goddesses. These are of the Norse goddess Skađi....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Live long and photograph
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Here are a few images of a project I am working on about mythological goddesses. These are of the Norse goddess Skađi.

WarrenT

"Learn to photograph not what something is, but what else it is" - Minor White

Warren Taylor Art

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    The first and last are my favorites, Warren, especially the last one compositionally. I wonder if you could lighten her face just a little and tone done the background highlights, again, just a little. The detail in the background tree is pulling me away from her face.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Live long and photograph
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I touched up #5 like you suggested Dane. How does that one suit you now?
    WarrenT

Warren Taylor Art

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like that shot a lot - hard for me to pinpoint exactly why. Mind if I play with it a bit?

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Live long and photograph
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I like that shot a lot - hard for me to pinpoint exactly why. Mind if I play with it a bit?
    Go Ahead. I would like to see what you have in mind. It was kind of hard trying to adjust the two to balance without completely washing out her face and killing the tree.
    WarrenT

Warren Taylor Art

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Not sure if this is a major improvement or not, but done quickly. Might like to spend more time with it later...

(Albert Einstein)

always learning!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    love the last one too!! but agree the lighting needed a little work
    this is my 'best' model....my granddaughter Hannah
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...gnaturebar.jpg

total newbie trying to make friends with my NIKON D40X W/18-55 II, 55-200 VR DX,
    Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma 30mm 1.4 and the SB 600

testing
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    say cheeseburger!!!

MICROSOFT DIGITAL IMAGE PRO 9

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Warren I edited your post to put s space between the image - makes for easier viewing

#1 and #5 are my favourites

PHOTO EDITING OK
    1 and 5 are my favorites too.
    David Hume (1742)

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links