Princeton Statue At Twilight

This is a discussion on Princeton Statue At Twilight within the Night Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Hello everyone! My first post here was taken tonight in Princeton Nj using a Canon t2i and a Canon Efs 17-55 USM. This was also ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Princeton Statue At Twilight

Hello everyone!
    My first post here was taken tonight in Princeton Nj using a Canon t2i and a Canon Efs 17-55 USM.
    This was also my first attempt at night photography. I lit the statue using my cellphone.
    Would love to hear anyones thoughts.

-Cassandra

Name:  Ptown.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  442.7 KB

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Interesting subject, and it shows there was some thought process to something other than on camera flash.
    For myself, the crop is a bit tight, as I’d like to have seen the statue base included, though admittedly that’s more personal preference.
    Also realizing its likely an impromptu shot, and one is limited in technique when alone and lacking in equipment at the moment, I'd like to see a second light added from image right to soften the shadows on the leg and foot.
    My biggest quibble is the distracting background and the lit branches at the top of the image.
    Shooting at a different angle to use the brick wall as a background along with a little wider aperture to provide some bg blur giving some image/background separation would be a suggestion also.
    Doing a quick and dirty edit, to lessen the competition with the brighter bg elements, one can see how the less distracting background brings the viewers attention more to the statue.Name:  Ptown[1].jpg
Views: 94
Size:  103.1 KB
    Does anyone know of photography forum's that people Actually reply/comment to postings???

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links