Ship no. 12 near Victoria Harbour

This is a discussion on Ship no. 12 near Victoria Harbour within the Night Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; This was taken near HKCEC at Wan Chai, Hong Kong. We went out to shoot photos after mid night and this was well past 1am. ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    This was taken near HKCEC at Wan Chai, Hong Kong. We went out to shoot photos after mid night and this was well past 1am. Any comments/critique welcome. Thanks!

Canon 7D

Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Lens

70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro

Laying my eyes on Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM

My Flickr Stream

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    A little overexposed and washed out in the background, I suspect your attempts to brighten the foreground boat have done this, using Lightroom or NIC Filters Viveza will allow you to make post processing adjustments to selective areas of your image

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I'm diggin' the hell outta this photo. I like the wierd little color splash that the boat's light made up by the top of that building, looks like a UFO! Too cool!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read it in english, thank a veteran!

Nikon Shooter
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I guess it depends on the look you are going for.

Personally, I agree with George... it's washed out. If you like the sky (which is kinda cool looking), you can certainly keep that and still bump up the contrast in the buildings. It's ok to lose some detail in the shadows in this picture because it is obviously a night scene- that is expected.

I'd rather see the lens flare gone as I don't think it adds anything photographically.

Regards,
    Marlo

Check out my blog! --- http://marlomontanaro.wordpress.com

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I kinda like the flare . I guess I will go with your suggestion and post something here later.

Canon 7D

My Flickr Stream

Nikon Shooter
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    It's fine to like the flare... I don't, but that's just me. Everyone's eye is different.

Sometimes you have to try it though. Try getting rid of it and see which one you like better.

I once fought with cropping a photo for a week... tried it a hundred different ways. Everyone had an opinion. Then I just happened to kind of free hand crop it and bang- it just popped out at me.

Gotta try things and see how you like them.

Regards,
    Marlo

Check out my blog! --- http://marlomontanaro.wordpress.com

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks for your comment. I agree with what you said. You have to try different things and find the one that you actually like the most.
    Canon 7D

My Flickr Stream

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links