how do I get this pic with blacked out background?

This is a discussion on how do I get this pic with blacked out background? within the Night Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Im having trouble .. how do i get rid of the background in these kind of pics? I wanna see just wine glass and splash ...

Im having trouble .. how do i get rid of the background in these kind of pics? I wanna see just wine glass and splash ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well now the pic isnt wanting to load

Quote Originally Posted by duncan1473 View Post
    Im having trouble .. how do i get rid of the background in these kind of pics? I wanna see just wine glass and splash ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    You could hang a black colored back drop behind it.
    Nikon user

Please visit my smugmug site!
    http://chadslaterphotography.smugmug.com/[/url]

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right" - Robert Hunter

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Appart from doing some serious clipping and masking... reshoot with a back drop as Chad suggests

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Way underexpose for the ambient light and flash the subject.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Super Moderator
    Equipment
    Canon 5D mk II, EF 14mm f/2.8L II, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 300mm f/2.8L IS, Speelite 430EX II, 5380EX II
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Visit the craft store and pick up black & white foam-core board (really cheap). Black foam-core board in the back. Put a couple of lights behind to help the glass glow. You can use either black or white foam-core board on the sides depending on how you want to accent the edges of the glass against the black background.
    Tim Campbell

Well, if you have CS5 there is a way to do it. It takes about 45 min to an hour to get it right, but nonetheless it works. Look for a youtube video on it.... if you have photoshop that is.

adam

A large single piece of paper curving from the table top to the background creates an infinity background. White should work as well as black.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links