... and now tonights super Moon

This is a discussion on ... and now tonights super Moon within the Night Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Well it stayed clear - not as clear as last night, a little cloud haze low down, but did managed to catch the moon while ...

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Well it stayed clear - not as clear as last night, a little cloud haze low down, but did managed to catch the moon while it was low on the horizan and still in its "orange" phase as it brightens and gets "whiter" as it rises, the sky is crystal clear now it has risen but it has lost its orangeness.

Two different images, one heavily cropped

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I managed to get a couple ... this is with a pocket csamera and an adapted 500mm lens ......

Similar on the horizon here ..... some cloud cover .....

This was later on ....

The posts from the canon EOS 550d below ,,,, for a comparison - but only a 210 mm lens ... had to crop down

showing cloud cover .... EOS 550D again .....

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I took a couple last night as I knew the rain would be coming tonight along with cloud cover.

I'll have to upload those later!
    Perhaps I'll take my camera with me to work and catch it in the predawn hours if it clears!

Nice work!

Edit:
    I just went a took some shots of the moon rise through the clouds very eerie!
    *I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Cheers Mulewings ....

Did have another look after midnight 1 am .... but there really is a lot of cloud now .... and it is not that much bigger than normal
    I am sure that I have seen it looking bigger in the sky with atmospheric distortions before today .......

Well it made for something to do different for one night ..... hope you get some shots too ..... might clear by the time it gets across to you ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I didn't have good luck with it at all tonight, last night was better. Too much noise and not long enough exposure...course I was not in peak performance.

Perhaps at dawn I'll have another good chance.
    *I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

Super Moderator
    Equipment
    Canon 5D mk II, EF 14mm f/2.8L II, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 300mm f/2.8L IS, Speelite 430EX II, 5380EX II
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Here's two from tonight. Also not as good as last night. These were shot just at moonrise and the atmospheric distortion was fairly poor. Unfortunately as the moon rose a bit higher the clouds started to arrive.

Both of these were taken with the 300mm f/2.8 and 2x extender (600mm f/5.6). Both of these are a bit cropped.

Tim Campbell

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like the through the trees shot ....

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links