Band Promos at night (tips please)

This is a discussion on Band Promos at night (tips please) within the Night Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Here are 2 pictures I took of a local band recently. they were at night and i had 2 studio flashes with soft boxes, any ...

Here are 2 pictures I took of a local band recently. they were at night and i had 2 studio flashes with soft boxes, any suggestions on how to make the shots better? any general feedback would be nice, im trying to improve my skills in this area.

For me the background is too distracting in the first

The lighting in the 2nd is better but then you lose the fact that it's outside, which I assume was one of the main things you wanted

I would scout for a different location (more urban industrial perhaps or maybe more rural (woodland?) and take the sofa there, then I'd probably add a 3rd or even 4th light to help bring out some of the background to make a statement as to where they are

Depends also on the type of music the band play , as that will also dictate what and where you shoot. Did you speak to the band about what image they were after?

Also (finally and then I'll shut up )who is the lead singer, you may want the rest of the band sitting back and the lead forward or the other way round even.

Worthing playing around with ideas

AA
    Passion is Everything !

I would light the band w/softbox and singer in background with grid at lower power.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links