I HEART NY

This is a discussion on I HEART NY within the Night Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Today my husband and I braved the cold and made our way into New York City. Once we got there we made our way around ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I HEART NY

Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Today my husband and I braved the cold and made our way into New York City.

Once we got there we made our way around the city to see the "touristy" sights of the Christmas season. We saw the Empire State Building, Macy's window displays, Time Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Rockefeller Center & the tree, St. Patrick's Cathedral, St. Bart's and Radio City Music Hall. We also saw our share of some great "people" sights which I will share later.

We had a great time even though we coudn't feel our extremities! LOL!

I'll try to post some photos as I edit them. As of right now I started at the end of the day with the night photos:

PS: These are all hand-held because there was no way I could bring a tripod into this environment (I brought my gorilla pod but never used it once...too many people)!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Great shots Jen! I've never been to NYC...too many people for me! LOL
    Love the fourth one, what a perspective!

Equipment
    Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 20D, Canon 17-85mm, Canon 18-135mm, Sigma 18-200mm, Canon 100-400mm
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hey Jen, please do me a favour...

Could you post the cathedral of pic 2 and the Empire State Building(?) in pic 4 in black & white. I think specially the cathedral will look amazing in B&W. Just a suggestion...
    Dark Eye Photography
    Through the Eye of the Beholder
    info@darkeyephotography.co.za
    www.darkeyephotography.co.za

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks Locus!!

Great shots Jen! I've never been to NYC...too many people for me! LOL
    Love the fourth one, what a perspective!
    Thanks Crissy. Let me tell you....if I lived in NYC this is the time of the year I would never leave the house...tooo many people in one place wanting to see the sites...not the best for someone want to photograph them! I must have had 500 heads get in my way today! But I tried not to get frustrated becasuse it comes with the territory. LOL

Could you post the cathedral of pic 2 and the Empire State Building(?) in pic 4 in black & white. I think specially the cathedral will look amazing in B&W. Just a suggestion...
    I will give that a try right now. Give me a few and we'll see how they come out.
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Great series...love #3...something about the neon lights...hope the extremities have thawed!
    Rob
    Nikon D300 & D70 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon 18-70mm | Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300mm VR
    Olympus EVOLT E-500 | Zuiko 14-45mm | Zuiko 40-150mm | OM - 4/3 adapter | Assorted OM lenses
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks Rob. I'm somewhat thawed out. LOL!

Here is St Patrick's Cathedral and #4 is Rockefeller Center and the building is the GE Building (as Ptch puts it 30 Rock) in Black & White.

Minolta 35-105mm
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

That's 30 Rock, not The Empire State

Wonderful photos of my city

Equipment
    Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 20D, Canon 17-85mm, Canon 18-135mm, Sigma 18-200mm, Canon 100-400mm
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Amazing,

Sorry for the stupid naming of the "Empire State". What do I know, from South Africa only seeing the Empire State in movies... lol

Anyway, I love the B&W Cathedral, gives it the eerie look I was looking for... I would have tried also to give it a more eerie perspective by coming up closer to the building, from straight forward, thus eliminating the background and making the 2 towers "frame" the pic.

Just my 2 cents, hehe
    Dark Eye Photography
    Through the Eye of the Beholder
    info@darkeyephotography.co.za
    www.darkeyephotography.co.za

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks Ptch. Glad I got some good shots of your city!

Oh Daniel - that's okay! It does look like the Empire State Building without the antennae at the top. #1 is the Empire State Building.

I would have liked to have taken St. Pat's from the front but this was the last thing we saw before we couldn't stand anymore, couldn't feel our hands and feet, and needed something to eat badly. If I asked my hubby to cross the insanely crowded street for more pics he might have keeled over. LOL!

Here is a more frontal view I took back in January that I added a filter to. Click here: http://jenweaverphotography.smugmug.com/ph...146546895-L.jpg

Here are a couple more festive ones from Rockefeller Center if you're all interested:

More of Grand Central Station Terminal...they had a Light show right in the terminal that we stumbled upon. You can see some of the stars:

Minolta 35-105mm
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links