Monitor Calibration

This is a discussion on Monitor Calibration within the Monitor forums, part of the Photography Tips category; I have a Spyder 2 Express, and the ColorEyes Display Pro software. But I have no idea what to calibrate my monitors to for photography. ...

I have a Spyder 2 Express, and the ColorEyes Display Pro software. But I have no idea what to calibrate my monitors to for photography.

I'm not really sure what info you guys would need to help me out, so just post what you need and I will provide more information.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I have been using Spyder2 Express for a while now, religiously calibrating every 14 days. When I went to print out my first 8x10's for portfolio shots, they were all darker than I had hoped for. I had my printer person come out, and calibrate for me with her Spyder3Studio software, and my red/blue/green colors were way off! Turns out what actually looked grey, was blue/grey. What a huge difference! My prints looked so completely different after she calibrated for me.

I now have added a new calibration software to my "desperately needed" list!
    Geri
    People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life. ~Faith Resnick

Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm 2.8, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VR, Nikon TC-17E teleconverter.

I have been using Spyder2 Express for a while now, religiously calibrating every 14 days. When I went to print out my first 8x10's for portfolio shots, they were all darker than I had hoped for. I had my printer person come out, and calibrate for me with her Spyder3Studio software, and my red/blue/green colors were way off! Turns out what actually looked grey, was blue/grey. What a huge difference! My prints looked so completely different after she calibrated for me.

I now have added a new calibration software to my "desperately needed" list!
    Well that is why I bought the ColorEyes Display Pro software, it is from a different company and it gives you alot more options.

Shpongled
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I read THIS REVIEW of Spyder 2 Express

I have been looking into the Spyder 2 system and it looks like the "express" version does not give you "RGB Control Calibration." Not sure what that means exactly but by it's name it sounds like it can be reqponsible for your color problems. If your friend came over with a PRO version of the Spyder software I would think that you would have more control over your color casts.

Am I close? Did that make sense? I am trying to understand this since I just bought a used Dell 2007WFP S-IPS monitor with no banding issues according to the seller. Eventually, I would like to calibrate it and I'm thinking of getting the Spyder 2 Pro system.
    ------------------------
    Nikon D200
    Tamron 17-50mm VC
    Sigma 10-20mm
    SB-600 + Gary Fong Lightsphere
    Phottix Plato Wireless Remote

Equipment
    Canon 6D Canon 35 f2 IS Canon 100 f2.8 Macro Canon 24-105 f4 IS Canon 70-200 f 2.8 L IS II
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Better you can contact someone in your city who is a professional and know how to calibrate your monitor.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Foto Nunta Brasov | Fotograf Nunta | Foto video nunta

Equipment
    Nikon D3100
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hi, Not long ago I was looking for an alternative software to calibrate monitor (used spyder 4 elite sw before that) and decided to go for PressProof 3. It works with many calibrators (you can check the list) and the quality is good. http://www.qubyx.com/images/brochure...ProofGuide.pdf Hope it helps.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links