Getty and $1.90 !!!

This is a discussion on Getty and $1.90 !!! within the Making Money From Photography forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hello, I am relatively new to stock... 4-5 years with Monsoon now Getty for 2 years. I have been selling regularly with Getty $200-500 per ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Getty and $1.90 !!!

Hello,

I am relatively new to stock... 4-5 years with Monsoon now Getty for 2 years. I have been selling regularly with Getty $200-500 per month average , not enough to make a living but I was inspired and it gave me hope to grow. The past few royalty payments have left me " gob smacked " ( sorry no other phrase can convey just how I feel ) .. For example recently brought a group of teenagers into my studio ( studio rent per month $2000.00 ) shot them on seamless. ( hasselbled Phase One Back $12,000.00 , Dynalites, $6000.00 , Mac Pro and cinema display $9000.00, photographic experience since 1993...... ect. Submitted to Getty and they accepted and sold the image last month and my royalty was $1.90 One Dollar Ninety !

Honestly it is taking the wind out of my sails, I don't know what to do, what is the point in my effort?

I would love some info and feedback on this. What are people doing? What stock company is gining a fair percentage to its photographers? What are my options ?

Thanks

Alfonse

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Are you going to cry about this on every photography forum....... You post this on other sites ....get out of stock if you can't deal with the terms!

Equipment
    Canon 5D, Canon 40D, assorted lenses
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by apagano View Post
    Hello,

I am relatively new to stock... 4-5 years with Monsoon now Getty for 2 years. I have been selling regularly with Getty $200-500 per month average , not enough to make a living but I was inspired and it gave me hope to grow. The past few royalty payments have left me " gob smacked " ( sorry no other phrase can convey just how I feel ) .. For example recently brought a group of teenagers into my studio ( studio rent per month $2000.00 ) shot them on seamless. ( hasselbled Phase One Back $12,000.00 , Dynalites, $6000.00 , Mac Pro and cinema display $9000.00, photographic experience since 1993...... ect. Submitted to Getty and they accepted and sold the image last month and my royalty was $1.90 One Dollar Ninety !

Honestly it is taking the wind out of my sails, I don't know what to do, what is the point in my effort?

I would love some info and feedback on this. What are people doing? What stock company is gining a fair percentage to its photographers? What are my options ?

Thanks

Alfonse
    I'm not entirely sure what the issue is.

Do you believe they should be paying you based on where you shot and the equipment you used?

Instead of uploading that photo to Getty, why not sell a nice 16x20" print to each of the teenagers you brought into the studio?

Equipment
    Canon D600
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    rawstockphoto

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links