Making money from landscape work

This is a discussion on Making money from landscape work within the Making Money From Photography forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hi all, Newbie here. I was just wondering if anyone could help me in getting work out of landscaoe photography. I cover all sorts of ...

Hi all,
    Newbie here.
    I was just wondering if anyone could help me in getting work out of landscaoe photography. I cover all sorts of stuff but landscapes i enjoy the most, my shots are pretty good now and i want to try and sell my work but not sure which channels, i.e. magazines, local press, tourist boards etc etc
    ** Plus i really need a giant photo album. where can i buy on!?!?
    thanks guys

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hi

Perhaps you could start by creating an account with an online stock photography agency and upload some of your material. You could then track which sells which will act as a simple form of research eg. How much of what I take is out there already? How can I differentiate my work from others? How many/which of my images are selling well and can I use this feedback to pursue this style/form further to expand my portfolio etc.

Good luck

Adam

www.adamcoupe.com/portfolio

PHOTO EDITING OK
    If your wanting to try the Stock game with Landscapes...I would try Alamy.

Microstocks...I am not sure with only landscapes. One person on a board I go to says he does landscapes and does very well with Dreamstime. I don't know how true it is so buyer..I mean seller beware. If you try them, I would trickle in your images. Upload 5 - 10 images...let them get approved then upload 5 - 10 more and so on.

There are other micros and each one has certain areas they don't want to accept (Landscapes, flowers...the family dog).
    Equipment: Nikon D60 (18-55 & 55-200 Nikkor Vr Lenses) Yongnuo PT-04TM Triggers, a Quantaray 900WA, 2 Yongnuo YN 460 Mk II's, 2 Flash Stands, Umbrellas and a 16" Softbox.
    My Flickr
    MySpace

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links