The Great Oak

This is a discussion on The Great Oak within the Landscape & Flower Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; I pass this tree everyday when I go shopping for my groceries .... and often I stop and take a photo of it ..... But ...

Thread: The Great Oak

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I pass this tree everyday when I go shopping for my groceries .... and often I stop and take a photo of it .....

But this was the first time that the Sun was in the right position relative to the road I travel along .....

So took a couple of shots at different distances ..... here is one of them ....

and here is a little post processing on the same shot .... may have overcooked it a little ....

Any comments are welcome .....

I did get a few shots but liked the natural gradient in the sky with this one ...... ( so could come out a little further if needed to do a different crop )

Just critique for myself - I think it needs straightening slightly ...

Ok here it is straight and the ..... Full size JPG .....

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    good timing then!!! i like the layers in the sillouette.

Nikon D90, kit lens Nikon 18-55mm VR, Nikon 55-200mm VR, Nikon 50mm 1:1.8, Tamron 90mm 2.8 Macro, Cullman Nanomax 250 tripod

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like it! I'm not much on gold frames...

What about cropping it to lose a little more of the ground, and emphasizing the warm sunset colors a little more?

I pack two things wherever I go: A gun and a camera. You probably don't want to end up in front of either one.

If you like me, like my facebook!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Cheers Whettam .....

good timing then!!! i like the layers in the sillouette.
    I was lucky really .... although I nearly always have at least one camera with me -
    even if its a the Fujifilm finepix z20 pocket camera .... was in the car this day so it was the bridge camera a Fujifilm S1000FD

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like the crop konstantkarma ..... but my photo was a tad on the grainy side ..... although what you have done looks good thank you for taking time out to do this .....

I will now try a similar approach with a different border too ....

I like it! I'm not much on gold frames...

What about cropping it to lose a little more of the ground, and emphasizing the warm sunset colors a little more?
    ...... and will drop the gold frames from now on too ..... sometimes its better with a darker
    border for these type shots

..... so may just add a plain black next time ....... have darkened this too .... and gaussian blur to try to remove some grain .....

If I get the chance again of this shot ..... which is quite possible ...... just a matter of timing and the right type of sky ......
    will take the same photo with the Canon EOS550d .....
    ( It tends to mess the skies up though ..... not had a decent sky yet from this camera .... but there is a update on the firmware
    which is meant to correct the problems I am seeing )

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Well I will say I think the black border makes a much better enhancement over the gold one
    I pack two things wherever I go: A gun and a camera. You probably don't want to end up in front of either one.

If you like me, like my facebook!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Me too .... that is a great improvement ..... thank you ...... seems that a darker subject suits a darker frame ......

One more try ...

Changed the text and tried to bring out some foreground detail ......

I am a lot happier with the way that one turned out , thank you for the aide ....

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links