Blue Mountain

This is a discussion on Blue Mountain within the Landscape & Flower Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; I try to make an annual trip to these Blue Mountains every November and hope to be up there set up in camp with warm ...

Thread: Blue Mountain

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I try to make an annual trip to these Blue Mountains every November and hope to be up there set up in camp with warm stove burning by Friday night this week. Wall tents, wood stoves, good food, good friends and then about 10 or 12 of us have our own little self contained city for a while. Self containment is necessary because winter storms sometimes get a person snowed in up there and there have been times when getting out at all was difficult to say the least. Sometimes the stay is up to 14 days but is likely to be much shorter this year. There will be two people in the group who will be trying to harvest an elk so I will be spotting, tracking, and hoping to do a bit of packing to if they have success. I am looking forward to this as I always do and will be hoping for at least some weather that allows photo ops of many kinds.

We always can expect, rain, snow, wind, fog, sun or a combination of any and all quickly thrown together by Mother Nature. This image was taken in those Blue Mountains of Northeast Oregon the second week of November a few years ago and this particular year we were for the most part fogged-in for 11 days, that was not the most desirable thing but it is all a part of the adventure.

Olympus C2100UZ
    Focal Length 51 mm
    Exposure Time 1/320 sec
    Aperture f/3.2
    ISO Equivalent 100
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    Exposure Program program (2)
    KimR

Comments and Critique are always encouraged, considered and appreciated. Thank in advance too.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Really nice capture, great atmosphere in this and wonderful story - thanks for sharing

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I was about to point out a spot of dust... turned out it was on my monitor.

Really nice image, Kim.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Sounds like a fun trip Kim! Lots of good photo ops too. Very nice photo, something we don't see too much in the midwest.
    -Michael
    CC Always welcome and appreciated.
    My Flickr

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thank you folks for looking and your replies.

I am headed for the mountains now! Talk to you all in a week or so.
    Keep clicking and have fun!
    KimR

Comments and Critique are always encouraged, considered and appreciated. Thank in advance too.

Equipment
    Canon 5DC, 40D, 24-70 F2.8L, 16-35 F2.8L, 70-200 F4 L, 50 F1.4, 580 EXII
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    love this shot - such a wonderful capture
    Until purpose is discovered, existence has no meaning, for purpose is the source of fulfillment
    Canon 5D; 40D; 16-35 F2.8 L; 24-70 F2.8 L; 70-200 F4 L; 50 F1.4; 28-135 F3.5; 580 EX II

PHOTO EDITING OK
    that foggy landscape create a mysterious picture. Iike it.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Lovely atmospheric picuture - excellently captured. Great pic. Boxplayer

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links