Various flowers

This is a discussion on Various flowers within the Landscape & Flower Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; These were all shot with my GE A735 P&S camera. I will be getting a new, better camera this month!...

Thread: Various flowers

PHOTO EDITING OK

These were all shot with my GE A735 P&S camera. I will be getting a new, better camera this month!
    Canon G11

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    That's a very nice set to start off with My only niggle is that you've chopped off the ends of the petals...otherwise they're nice and sharp and nicely exposed too.
    Karin

Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Excellent first post.

The first is underexposed, or in too much of a shady spot so its kinda dark, the detail however, is quite good.

# 2 is a lovely flower but the half light and half shade is distracting.

# 3 is your best of the three.

I agree with Karen on the chopped petals. try to get them all in the picture if you can. Also just a tip from someone who loves taking photos of flowers................... you don't always have to take the picture front on, choosing different angles can make for some extraordinary photo's

Keep posting.
    Cazz

Canon 40D & Tamron 18 - 270mm lens & Canon 580x II Speedlight and a lot of enthusiasm

When responding to signatures, I'll give my uneducated, self taught opinion and respect that your hard work and fun went into producing the images you share. Please feel free to take everything I say with a grain of salt

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4070/...2269f814_m.jpg

Amarantha Photography

Be my friend on facebook

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thank you for the comments and tips!

None of the pictures were retouched at all...I'm still learning how to touch up pictures, and I'm not very skilled at it.

I am not a fan of how I chopped the tips of the petals off either. :P I really need to pay attention to that the next time I am getting up close with the subject of my photo.

I also agree that different angles are a good idea with flowers. I think #2 especially would have looked better at a little bit more of a side angle, however, I was in a canoe when I took the picture, and I was lucky to get what I got without falling in the water!

I wanted to share these pictures because I was impressed with the way they turned out, considering they were taken with an 80 dollar camera from Kmart. I can't wait to get my G11 this month! I was going to get a DSLR, but I still have a lot of learning to do, my budget is small, and I don't realistically see myself dragging around a huge camera, especially since I already lug around a huge diaper bag full of stuff for my little man...it would just be too much right now.
    Canon G11

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Nice post...welcome to the forum!
    Daniel

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    You'll have fun with the G11 I have a G9 which I use when I can't be asked to lug around my DSLR.
    Karin

Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links