Indian Falls

This is a discussion on Indian Falls within the Landscape & Flower Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Well I went out to-day and applied all the info I was taught in the Landscape Workshop. I hope I do Rocky proud. #1 #2 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indian Falls

Equipment
    Nikon D90,Sigma lens,monfroto tripod
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Well I went out to-day and applied all the info I was taught in the Landscape Workshop. I hope I do Rocky proud.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    What an awesome location. You certainly made the most of the challenges of an overcast lighting situation, and I'm particularly fond of the first and last pictures. The color range is impressive in #1; you may want to consider upping the brightness a smidge. The composition in #5 flows quite nicely and is reinforced by the bent trees in the background and the rocks under water in the foreground.

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Very well done, Gail!
    Admin

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Love the use of wide angle to emphasize foreground interest. The low camera position adds to the composition as well in 3 & 4.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    looks to me like you did very well indeed, Gail. all these compositions are good, with strong leading elements and lots of depth. the weather didn't do you any favors with the dull light and gray sky, but these photos made the most of the subject and the light you had. i particularly like the overall composition in #1 and the way the river, with the rocks in the foreground, leads the eye into # 5. well done!

to make these even better, you might try a slower shutter speed to blur the falls a bit more... something in the 1/2 - 1sec range should do the trick, and the soft blur would add a nice touch to all these. i don't know what camera you were using, or if you had a tripod, though...

Equipment
    Nikon D90,Sigma lens,monfroto tripod
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by squirl033 View Post
    looks to me like you did very well indeed, Gail. all these compositions are good, with strong leading elements and lots of depth. the weather didn't do you any favors with the dull light and gray sky, but these photos made the most of the subject and the light you had. i particularly like the overall composition in #1 and the way the river, with the rocks in the foreground, leads the eye into # 5. well done!

to make these even better, you might try a slower shutter speed to blur the falls a bit more... something in the 1/2 - 1sec range should do the trick, and the soft blur would add a nice touch to all these. i don't know what camera you were using, or if you had a tripod, though...
    You are right about the lighting. I did have and used my tirpod, the camera was a NikonD80,Nikkor 24-124mm lens, thank you for the tips.

Excellent images....colors are great , a lot of red clay in that area?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Love the use of wide angle to emphasize foreground interest. The low camera position adds to the composition as well in 3 & 4.
    Ditto! I will add #5 as one of my faves...
    Daniel

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post

I like the composition of the 3rd, 4th and 5th. From my understanding (came from reading expert landscape photographers' books), dull, gray, even rainy days are the best for the landscape photography. I think the weather also nicely contributed: colors are nice and deep.

Koshka
    Nikon D90, AF-S Nikkor DX 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 GII ED VR

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    what a gorgeous natural landscape! good shots gail!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links