First Landscape

This is a discussion on First Landscape within the Landscape & Flower Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; This is my first attempt at a landscape shot and I thought about deleting it several times before uploading it. There was not a lot ...

Thread: First Landscape

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    This is my first attempt at a landscape shot and I thought about deleting it several times before uploading it. There was not a lot of thought put into this picture, and no cropping or editing has been done. What you see here is exactly as I composed it. I am new to photography and this is all new to me. I took the picture with the following details;

Camera: NIKON CORPORATION
    Model: NIKON D3000
    ISO: 200
    Exposure: 1/200 sec
    Aperture: 10.0
    Focal Length: 18mm
    Flash Used: No

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Looks like you're getting good color and sharpness there. One thing I might suggest is taking the same photo in portrait orientation to capture more of the trees behind. Otherwise, well done! I actually do take some photos in landscape orientation like this if I want to use it on my computer desktop.
    -Michael
    CC Always welcome and appreciated.
    My Flickr

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Good advice. The other suggestion I have is to wait for the right light. The same scene can be magical 30 minutes before sunset. (Or 30 minutes after!)

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links