On my way up to the Cricket!

This is a discussion on On my way up to the Cricket! within the Landscape & Flower Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; A few shots taken as I said on not such a promissing afternoon watching the cricket! 1. Getting up the hill... 2. I don't like ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    A few shots taken as I said on not such a promissing afternoon watching the cricket!

1. Getting up the hill...

2. I don't like the way those cows are lying down...

3. A quick look behind...

4. Can I beat the rain...

5. Oh yes I can, ahhhh now to watch the game!

Well I manged to sit and watch for an hour at least and then rain stopped play, lucky I was next to the pub so I could go in and not get soaked (well not by the weather at least ) another enjoyable Sunday stroll in sunny Yorkshire

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Aaaarrrrrrrggghhhh I don't know what the heck is happening with that second pic, this is the third time it has sized up like that but have trippled checked it and it's to size???

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Great catch on those foreboding skies Darren, I'm sick of this weather whats supposed to have happened to this summer we were having - hmmmm must have been the other week.

Really neat B&W sets the scene perfectly with these.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    All lovely and most atmospheric. Cricket rained out? Excellent shots. Boxplayer

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    ha ha... yeah George I think the week of sunshine may have passed as I have just seen the forecast for the weekend, unsettled it is then, hope it clears up in a weeks time as I need a break from work and could do with some clement weather to go out walking

Thanks BP, I remember catching a few games of cricket in Dundrum when I was over there a few years ago... last thing I expected to find on Irish soil but shows how much the game is enjoyed

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Good series Daz, a good way to spend a Sunday, would be even better if the weather was kind to you.

Re sizing of images. You have to completely delete the offending image from PB (photobucket) first then upload your resized photo (with a different file name) to PB and that will resolve your problem. I speak from experience .
    Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Edmund Blackadder

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    They look good from here. As a devoted fan of baseball, I'd love to see a cricket match sometime.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks Bob, I shall remember the file name in future and yeah that's what must have happened to it but it looks fine now for some strange reason it sized up correctly but showed up large when I viewed it after I first posted.
    Dane if you ever get over to England or even somewhere else they play cricket drop into a game, it's not as fast as baseball but still quite enjoyable... especially with a nice cool glass of Stella in hand

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    especially with a nice cool glass of Stella in hand

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links