Pink Ladyslipper

This is a discussion on Pink Ladyslipper within the Landscape & Flower Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Pre-photoforum I probably would've just hiked past this flower and not given it a second thought. Now thanks to photoforum I instead squealed like a ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Pre-photoforum I probably would've just hiked past this flower and not given it a second thought.

Now thanks to photoforum I instead squealed like a little girl and crawled around on my belly trying to get a picture of it. Haha. Thanks photoforum, you've turned me from "slightly eccentric" to "raving lunatic with a camera"

Anyway, my best googling efforts make me think it's a pink ladyslipper. Please let me know if that's not what it is.

-Laura-
    Digital: Olympus E-410- Zuiko 14-42, Zuiko 40-150

Film:
    Olympus OM-2 (35mm film) -Zuiko 50mm- Zuiko 75-150mm- Soligor 28mm- Sigma 35-70mm Macro

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." Dale Carnegie

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    That's the thing I like about forums-they make you open your eyes and mind to the world

That's a lovely shot and I think you're correct in your assumption...have a look here

http://www.photoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=41846

Karin
    Karin

Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Nice work!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Yes it's a lady slipper and it's a lovely shot!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks everyone!

I saw a white one too, but it was on the way back down and I was so tired at that point. Now I'm really regretting not taking a picture of it, I didn't realize it was any more rare than the pink ones! They all looked wild to me.
    -Laura-
    Digital: Olympus E-410- Zuiko 14-42, Zuiko 40-150

Film:
    Olympus OM-2 (35mm film) -Zuiko 50mm- Zuiko 75-150mm- Soligor 28mm- Sigma 35-70mm Macro

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." Dale Carnegie

PHOTO EDITING OK

Your picture of Pink Ladyslipper was pretty nice.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links