to post or not to post...

This is a discussion on to post or not to post... within the Landscape & Flower Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; hey everyone...I found this photo in my archive. It was taken 2 years ago...with a poor Samsung Digimax. I had no experience at all regarding ...

Tom (tomamoisii)
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    hey everyone...I found this photo in my archive. It was taken 2 years ago...with a poor Samsung Digimax. I had no experience at all regarding photography technique
    I wanted to ask for some opinions...because i don't know if I should post it or not on my blog (sounds silly, I know)...is it ok to post it?( editing,framing etc. )
    Thanks a lot, cheers!

[attachmentid=20762]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You should never think without an image" Aristotle
    Canon
    Lights Out!

PHOTO EDITING OK

As always, dear neighbour, the picture is fantastic.

Dorothee

The great picture is in every attempt of nature to show its strength.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Yeah, I think it's an awesome shot!
    "Hold fast to dreams For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. Hold fast to dreams For when dreams go, Life is a barren field Frozen with snow. ~Langston Hughs
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    You have shared with me some of your "goals" for your blog and I know how important your blog is to you and your professional growth. I think this is a very nice image that would certainly have a place on your blog. It would help display the diversity of your photo skills. Go for it!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Yep - I agree!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Tom (tomamoisii)
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    thanks a lot, sue! actually, thanks to everybody
    "You should never think without an image" Aristotle
    Canon
    Lights Out!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I like the shot. If I may...I think it has the potential to be a great shot, but here is what I would do if it were mine. (I use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI, so I don't know what the corresponding function is in PhotoShop.)

1. I would change the horizon line in so that it is straight(er). In your photo, I feel like I am sliding off the page.

2. 'Mirror' the image so that the information reads from left to right rather than right to left. That is the way the western eye reads and I think it would be more comfortable for the viewer.

Try those either of those two things, or both, and see what you think.

Alfie

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links