Under the Weather

This is a discussion on Under the Weather within the Landscape & Flower Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Caught the end of a storm one night down at the Rouge River. Funny thing was it never really hit where I was, but all ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Caught the end of a storm one night down at the Rouge River. Funny thing was it never really hit where I was, but all around us. The fisherpeople stayed put, through the whole thing.

This one Im kinda meh...about. The colour version is this dry, blueish/grey mess of clouds, but when I desaturated it, the threat of the clouds became stronger. This is one of the guys that stuck it out.

Great work chiller. #1 and #2 are my favorite.

dmw

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    All three nice landscapes.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Very captivating - #3 works for me

I like your comps, but you've got some funky colors going on here. Especially in the first pic. It looks like you have some banding going on in the tree.

The black and white is very nice.
    Visit my blog! http://photoloaf.blogspot.com/

Nikon D300
    Tokina 12-24 f/4
    Nikkor 50 f/1.8
    Sigma 100-300 F/4

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I like your comps, but you've got some funky colors going on here. Especially in the first pic. It looks like you have some banding going on in the tree.

The black and white is very nice.
    Thanks so much for your comments. I just noticed that. When I look a the version that is not uploaded, that banding is not there. I wonder if something funky happened during the upload...will check it out. Thanks for noticing that.
    I changed the first pic to something else for now. Something was all wacked out when I uploaded it.

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    wow carl - the 1st has me in awe
    the last is wonderful too!
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Lovely series, Carl. I'm not seeing any banding here. But then, my eyes aren't what they used to be!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Proud Nikon Shooter
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Great series. Number 1 looks like it belongs in a calendar. Fantastic shot. The rays in number 2 are nice, giving it lots of character. Number 3 looks kind of ominous in b/w. Really brings out the storm feeling.
    Steve

Never complain, Never explain. Learn it, live it

Our blog
    Our website
    My gear list

PHOTO EDITING OK
    #1 is wonderful!!!!!! The other two are good too, but I just love the color and comp. on #1

Elaine

www.elaineobrienphotography.com

My Favorite number of the alphabet is Purple!!!

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links