New film arrived today

This is a discussion on New film arrived today within the IR & HDR Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Have not used IR for 45 years Any advice...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

New film arrived today

Have not used IR for 45 years

Any advice
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I and my son are both Autistic, Aspergers, I apologize if I come over as abrupt on the forum, please bear with me, thank you

https://www.asdinfowales.co.uk

www.jrs-photography.co.uk

Sorry the only time I used film on an SLR was back in middle school 93'

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by CanNik View Post

Any advice

????? is that relevant

In four days there have been no posts on this forum, perhaps we need some that encourage people to come here !

If you have no advice then why post at all ?
    Last edited by CanNik; 10-01-2019 at 07:32 AM.
    I and my son are both Autistic, Aspergers, I apologize if I come over as abrupt on the forum, please bear with me, thank you

Sorry I was simply trying to engage in a post. Not many people use the forum anymore. So when you asked any advice about using film I say simply said that I haven't used film since 1993. Sorry I have no advice on you using film and I won't bother to comment on any of your posts again.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by William Arthur Photography View Post
    Sorry I was simply trying to engage in a post. Not many people use the forum anymore. So when you asked any advice about using film I say simply said that I haven't used film since 1993. Sorry I have no advice on you using film and I won't bother to comment on any of your posts again.
    I agree with post to encourage but there is a way to do it

eg

I have not uased film for many years so have no advice to offer, however it is good to see that people are trying out different................... and so on and so on"

PHOTO EDITING OK

New film arrived today

Quote Originally Posted by CanNik View Post

Any advice
    2 or 3 years ago I re-used film on some of my older SLR cameras after having now used digital for more than a decade. It was an interesting experience to again not know exactly what your printed version would be.

Do you have your own darkroom? Will you develop your own film?
    That would make a lot of difference on what the printed version will look like.

As regards the film rolls I remember, when using infrared films (the last infrared filmroll that I used must be 25 years ago or so) it needed to be stored in a fridge. Now it depends on how long these rolls have been in ambient temperature, whether it is still worth putting them in a fridge ....

So advices:
    1/ enjoy taking the captures
    2/ put infrared film rolls to the fridge
    3/ if you have a darkroom (or possibly get access to a darkroom) and you know how to process filmrolls, that will help
    4/ for infrared films, I think with first signs of autumn showing, can get interesting results
    Last edited by Jerry_; 10-03-2019 at 12:38 AM.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    That is a point thanks for the reminder, will place in fridge just in case, I forgot that, when the filter comes I will allow a day to defrost

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links