New HDR

This is a discussion on New HDR within the IR & HDR Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Looking like my friends are a nervous in this but, not too bad...peace out! enjoy thursday night now, left a masterpiece enjoy, xiuxiu...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New HDR

Equipment
    Canon EF, 20D
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Talking

Looking like my friends are a nervous in this but, not too bad...peace out!

enjoy thursday night now, left a masterpiece

enjoy,

xiuxiu

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Xiu Xiu Chong

Canon 20D, EF Lens, Fisheye, Canon Flash, 24-70mm

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Goodness gracious.

Sorry, but this sort of processing is terrible. I would avoid it at all costs.
    I pack two things wherever I go: A gun and a camera. You probably don't want to end up in front of either one.

If you like me, like my facebook!

OMG, this is hideous. You're just fooling around, right?

Equipment
    Canon EF, 20D
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Wink

I'm tires of people being so mean, I sorry Im not as good as some of you. Please help me.

I'm new to HDR, and photography. I also suffers from slight autism and my peer say my work is good. Getting better is key

Xiuxiu
    Xiu Xiu Chong

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Not doing what you call "HDR" on photographs of people is key. Unless of course, Janus is right, and it is just a joke... which we hope so... but even if, it's getting old. If you want help, take pictures, and delete this program you're using to ruin them.
    I pack two things wherever I go: A gun and a camera. You probably don't want to end up in front of either one.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    xiuxiu,

You'll always have to expect criticism with complements. I would agree hdr on people can be quite horrible to them.
    In general hdr takes away shadow and adds detail which is great for things like still life and landscapes. When used with people as the main subject it likely will not process well.
    The reason.......light and shadow and softness in the right spots make people look sexy or sad or helpless......what ever emotion you are trying to get across. When you take these things away from people shots they can be very harsh and unflattering........critics will comment.

How about posting the original shot and asking how other people may process to see what their idea might be. You could post your example at the same time to compare.
    Or just taking a break from hdr for a minute and concentrating on just making the image.......You must learn the whole process.

Sorry you were offended by the others here but you should take that as a challenge to improve not to give up.

Jay
    Get OUT and SHOOT Y'ALL...........Sitting at the 'puter don't make better photos!!!!!!

Some of my crappy photography on FLICKR

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I agree I've tried HDR on people and it just doesn't do their skins justice.

Here is some reading from a well respected HDR photographer and he offers 7 tips for HDR...

HDR tips

I certianly hope this helps. Read his website, there are great tips for HDR on it.
    *I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

PHOTO EDITING OK

I have to admit, it might make a good halloween prank.

Equipment
    Canon EF, 20D
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantkarma View Post

I have to admit, it might make a good halloween prank.
    Xiu Xiu Chong

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I hope I'll be able to adequately express what I'm thinking...here goes.

I'm all about exploring, experimenting, and trying new styles and techniques. And, often our first tries at something fail; we learn through experience. Heavens only knows, I've had some really, really bad experiments; ones that after I stepped back and looked later I wished I had never gone that direction. I do know that practice, trial and error, further researching a technique, listening to what others say will help one learn and grow.

Regarding this particular image, I agree with the others that you have selected the wrong processing technique for this image. And, making a general statement, I agree that HDR more than likely is not best used on people. However...rules are made to be broken. What HDR program are you using? Can you adjust the sliders to remove the "dirty" look to the skin tones? Can you adjust the opacity to tone down the overall effect. I think the effect you are showing us in this image is way to heavy. Have the girls in the image seen the image, and what is their reaction? Do they find the image fun? flattering?

Do you have an image that is "less of a snapshot" and more of a posed high fashion look? It's possible that you can take what you've learned from this image and put it to more effective use in another image.

Based on your prior posts, I feel that you are sincerely interested in learning. As I think someone else said, keep shooting, learn the basics first, and over time develop your own style. I know I personally love it when someone says to me about my images "You have your own style."

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links