TRIED NIK HDR EFEX PRO

This is a discussion on TRIED NIK HDR EFEX PRO within the IR & HDR Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; QUOTE It seems my two cents isn't worth anything sad.gif Yet...yet, you have given me valuable information that I could have easily looked up myself. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    It seems my two cents isn't worth anything sad.gif
    Yet...yet, you have given me valuable information that I could have easily looked up myself. I have looked at the Nikon plug ins with great interest. I use Topaz Plug Ins as you know.
    And I find a 0 plug-in to be incredibly expensive when LightRoom is only 0. A set of the Nik plug-ins for PhotoShop costs more than PhotoShop !!! To me, that's just not right and is downright greedy.
    When Nikon comes to a reasonable price for my pocket book I think I will definitely take a look at it, but for right now it is out of my range. My $ could be better spent [at the moment] finding an upgrade for my Nikon, or a nice portrait lens.

It is all really a matter of choice.
    Your opinion does matter as does every one elses.

I did however step back and take a look at what I spent at Topaz and it was near $150.
    So now I have to sit back and really take some hard looks.

I'm rarely do HDR and use a program called Dynamic HDR for simple fast edits in the Psuedo HDR mode.

MATHJAK107, I'd love to see more of your work with this program!

*I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I'm wondering... if we could start a thread, provide three images in the thread, and each of us HDR them (NOTHING ELSE) to the best of our ability with the software we're using and compare results.
    I pack two things wherever I go: A gun and a camera. You probably don't want to end up in front of either one.

If you like me, like my facebook!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Nice idea, karma.

Let's see if we can't pull that together.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    If you want to do the honors, I'm game.
    I pack two things wherever I go: A gun and a camera. You probably don't want to end up in front of either one.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    There's an old fix this photo thread where I uploaded a set of HDR images of the church for members to play with. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Charles
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I did that with a blog a while ago comparing Photomatix, Artizen, and Dynamic HDR. I used the same 3 photos and did a comparison.

Here is the link if your are interested. I used trial downloads for these reviews so may not have had the full function of Photomatix!

...and NO I am not trying to drive traffic to my blog, it gets plenty anyway...
    I chose these three because of the cost effects and the ease of trial downloads.
    I'd never heard of Artizen, but kept the trial program anyway....

Comparing Artizen, Photomatix, and Dynamic HDR.

*I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Here's the link the original post on "Fix this HDR"

http://www.photoforum.com/index.php?showto...t=0#entry185846

Here's a link to the 12 Mb file containing 13 "exposures", I think.

By downloading this file you agree that the images will not be viewable or available for download in any form on any website, blog, forum, or used in any way other than to participate in this exercise on PhotoForum. I retain all rights to the original files and receive all rights to derivitive works. No image in this file can be used for any commercial purpose, period. If I find my images posted elsewhere I will enforce my rights and I will seek punative damages

In other words, you can download the files, play with them all you like, upload your finished version and post it to PhotoForum with no problems. Any other use is not permitted without a written authorization from me.

This is 12Mb so it migh take a few minutes to download.
    http://www.cwlupica.com/Forums/PF/2011/back.zip
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Darnit, I'd just found it after looking forever and you beat me to it

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I see that a lot of the original images are no longer online; it'd be great to do this again.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I updated all of the image links that belong to me.

Go here for the updated "Fix this HDR" thread
    http://www.photoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=64756&hl=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links