Snowy creek

This is a discussion on Snowy creek within the IR & HDR Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Got a decent snow storm here in MN, went down to the creek to snap a few pics, this one was by far my favorite. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowy creek

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Got a decent snow storm here in MN, went down to the creek to snap a few pics, this one was by far my favorite. 3 exposures, merged in photoshop HDR pro with a topaz adjust filter
    Nikon d7000- d5000 18-135mm - 55-200mm - 35mm f1.8 - tamron 11-18mm - 18-55mm kit lens turned into macro - sb600 - sb800 speed lights

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like the feel of this pic, crisp and calm
    For the invisible things of God, from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that we are without excuse:

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Very lovely scene, the sort I hunt for all the time!
    *I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I thought I commented on this already..oh well.. Beautiful shot was what I was thinking anyways!
    The photographer formally known as "soul_blazer"

Minolta x-700
    Canon T1i
    Canon 70-300mm

Honest and open critique/criticism is always apreciated

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Beautiful pic! I especially like the way the branches at the top of the photo lead the eye to the rest of the scene. Stay warm!
    Photo blog: 365 Until 30
    Personal website: Oh, the Profanity!

Equip: Canon Rebel XTi 10.1 MP, 18-55mm, 75-300mm

Equipment
    Canon 5d mark ii, Canon 50d, Canon Rebel XTi, canon and sigma lenses, Flashpoint M Series Strobes, Canon Flashes, a ridiculous amount of light modifiers:)
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    wow.. beautiful image. HDR and snow can be a difficult task sometimes. You pulled it off nicely.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    This is a fantastic shot. The form, composition, and processing are radiant--in a snowy, wintery sort of way.

If you hadn't said this was taken in Minnesota I would have guessed .... well, Minnesota

Nicely done ... only complaint is it is a bit tall so I have to scroll to see the entire image.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Nice capture and composition. Perspective is excellent. I'd like to see the near foreground snow a little whiter.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by kbColorado View Post
    If you hadn't said this was taken in Minnesota I would have guessed .... well, Minnesota

Nicely done ... only complaint is it is a bit tall so I have to scroll to see the entire image.
    I did not notice that before (the height) I am running a large monitor, Thanks for pointing that out. I will correct it and re-upload

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Nice capture and composition. Perspective is excellent. I'd like to see the near foreground snow a little whiter.
    Thanks Sir. Please tell me, how would one make the snow in the foreground more white?
    Thanks again for all the kind words!
    Nikon d7000- d5000 18-135mm - 55-200mm - 35mm f1.8 - tamron 11-18mm - 18-55mm kit lens turned into macro - sb600 - sb800 speed lights

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links